Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I finally got frustrated enough with my glue gun burn to pop the blister last night... and it reformed over night... jerk! oh artist problems lol... its probably bad that i'm not even concerned about it since I get art injuries all the time (never a burn like that though!)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My dad takes me out to lunch every Friday too, we work together though. In fact he's in the desk right across the aisle from me :)

That's neat! :) This daughter is the one who left home long ago, went to MO for college and then to NM to live. I went years without getting to see her or see her for only a few minutes. I was so happy when she dumped her bf and moved back into the local area.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I finally got frustrated enough with my glue gun burn to pop the blister last night... and it reformed over night... jerk! oh artist problems lol... its probably bad that i'm not even concerned about it since I get art injuries all the time (never a burn like that though!)

What sort of art do you do? I am one of those who only dreams of having any arty type talent.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
What sort of art do you do? I am one of those who only dreams of having any arty type talent.
Mostly sculpture. I do things you wouldn't ever imagine with cardboard! I'll get some pictures when i'm at home on my personal laptop. I also carve stone... and my hand lol I hit my hand with the chisel and file just as much as the stone when I was doing that! I'm a bit of an art klutz who also has like a blasé attitude to pain so people think i'm crazy

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Although!! I'v got to admit the only time an exacto blade accidentally got me was a time I was swapping blades and dropped the new one and caught it... point first on my palm, not bad at all in exacto terms, I've heard horror stories!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
my art professor always sees me with a bandage and now basically is like "what this time?", haha the only way I know i'm not completely crazy is she's hit the same point in attitude to pain.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
I have muddy paws, play in the clay when our temperatures permit. The studio is in the garage. Its getting closer :D

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I was asleep when you posted these... I do!! A Haunting was like one of my favorite shows ever!... then charter bumped the channel its on to a "silver package" channel so we don't get it anymore :( Have a favorite episode?
Yes all of them! I love goast shows but I haven't seen anything on the videos that says goast .

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I have muddy paws, play in the clay when our temperatures permit. The studio is in the garage. Its getting closer :D
I've been trying to convince my parents to get me a shed to make my little studio, but so far no luck... and I get it since i'll most likely be moving out soon and we already have 3 sheds haha. I like clay but use it as molds ot make things out of plaster, pretty darn cool. In one class we made unfired pottery with Newton White clay and I didn't like that at all much to fussy! Do you make pottery and fire it?

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Yes all of them! I love goast shows but I haven't seen anything on the videos that says goast .
I remember one from back when it was still on TV with a horse stable and that was one of my favorites. I also know Haunting in Connecticut (the documentary not the movie based off of it) was a special on the show and I LOVED that one... it scared the crap out of me in 7th grade when I first watched it though! that's before out basement was finished and used to be creepy!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
If the plants made four horizontal rows, do I see something under the third row, between the second and third plant? (mainly under the top side of the second plant)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:( I just read that on Bones, they killed off Sweets. :( I had gotten to sorta like that guy.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah. I always wonder what happened in real life that made the actor leave the series. Here's what I found on Google:

"Sweets' death is an outgrowth of Daley's success behind the camera. The actor, who has written numerous screenplays with Goldstein (Horrible Bosses, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone), asked to take a break fromBones to take on his first directing opportunity with Vacation, which stars Ed Helms,Christina Applegate and Chris Hemsworth."

So, seems like he has bigger fish to fry!!

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So I'm watching the news last night and the off site reporter is talking to a man who lost his whole family in a tragic car accident. An unlicensed and drunk driver ran a stop sign and broad-sided the family vehicle, killing everyone inside. Naturally, the drunk diver escaped injury. So the report asks the man who lost his family, "Are you angry?...sad?" You've got to be kidding me. Really? What kind of an answer is she expecting. Maybe something along the lines, "Oh, no...I've been trying to get rid of them for years now. I'm totally happy about it." Sometimes you've just got to wonder about these reporters. Do they ever listen to themselves?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yep, The one report that sicks out to is the one about the plain crash . When some guy calls and tells the the pilots names .

JAYGEE

5 more minutes until im off!!!

4 now!

Tomorrow is my Friday, and I can't wait!