Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Changing the subject some…The Beanfarm is now a tortoise forum “corporate" sponsor. Well done stepping up Giovanni and Paula ! My hat is off to you.
Heck fire, I didn't know y'all even knew about us! They're some of the good guys folks…

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
We had a shooting at one of our hubs a couple days ago. He was one of our package car drivers and he was fired. He came in the next day and killed two supervisors and himself. He left behind two kids and a wife
Work place violence. I felt sorry for the entire situation.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Plus one here!
These are the folks who at the shows, if you mention their vendor free pizza looks good, will push a slice on you. Paula, as a mom, will insist you have one even if you weren't hungry, just thought it looked good. They aren't just suppliers but keepers as well. Ok. Possibly enough unsolicited plugs from this Cowboy.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
In a fb tortoise group someone used the term sunset hypo and I giggled and cringed a little. No...sorry people, pink growth lines in a high white babcocki is not sunset hypo...
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1411698383.622072.jpg
A leopard owner posted a picture of a very faint pink hue in the new growth. I post this picture and mentioned it's common during rapid growth.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1411698447.302020.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
These are the folks who at the shows, if you mention their vendor free pizza looks good, will push a slice on you. Paula, as a mom, will insist you have one even if you weren't hungry, just thought it looked good. They aren't just suppliers but keepers as well. Ok. Possibly enough unsolicited plugs from this Cowboy.

It is fine with me, as long as the free pizza are keep coming. More supporter are better.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Normally show pizza isn't the best. Many vendors needing 2 pizzas is hard to make happen. That said, it's great at a short handed table that is hungry.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Did I mention I managed to convince owners at work that the production employees need not work Friday? Now the guys will get 45ish hours and some time off, (3 day weekend) and not work 55+ hours! And they said it couldn't be done 3 months ago! Heck, the last place I improved productivity 32% and we worked 4-10hour days. Who did they think they hired?

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
hey people! So my 9 year old sister was telling me how her teacher got a class pet and it is a russian tortoise. my sister likes torts to and she was telling me that the tort cage was to small and there was wrong substrate. also my sister said to me that the teacher was going to let the 9 years take it home for a day to take care of it. but i don't know if its just me but 9 years taking care of torts kinda scare me. so I'm going to email the teacher a care sheet for russians and try to get them to join the forum.:)

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
My day's been pretty hard too, school 8:30-2:15 then work until 4:30 (and little distractions from here lol) then homework then sleep to get up extra early tomorrow to work all day.
But I certainly don't have super long drives and mass cooking ahead of me! What kinds of food are you preparing?

Food for the turtles/tortoises :)