Pretend Chat 2.14

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cornelius Or
Where ya been mr? Hope things have been going well. Did you see, while you were away, I hatched out some Sulcatas?
This is the first time I've been on the forum in a long time. Congrats on your wee ones. Is there a thread so I can see pictures?
As to where I've been I have just been taking a leave of absence. Work has slowed down and I'm back on the job hunt.

Luke&Lou

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sorry 'bout needing to look for work. Just remember, when you look for work, you are selling yourself. So in that regard, you are a prostitute.
I didn't start a babies thread, I just randomly post pictures here for my friends. One was hatched out with no eyes. Poor little bugger, but he eats just fine. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1411481026.345376.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1411481101.311373.jpg

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
Yea I'm working the corner hard. I got a couple leads on some work. Ones a full time job at the local lumber yard and hardware store.
Those litluns sure are cute. That blind ones a trip to look at but he's i. Good hands with you caring for him.

Luke&Lou

JAYGEE

This also works for English classes.... Except in English classes I'd never use "I feel". My last English teacher stresses on how we shouldn't use "I and me" in short responses... Drives them nuts :p
My last English professor wanted us to write every paper on dancing, like on different movies. Then we had to do a dance routine on video, but I had just had knee surgery so I just with drew from that class.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
My last English professor wanted us to write every paper on dancing, like on different movies. Then we had to do a dance routine on video, but I had just had knee surgery so I just with drew from that class.

I would have told that professor to go teach a drama class if the wanted to dance.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
One hatched out with many split scutes. We were keeping him as well. I named him, “Kenny". Karen and I left town for a few days, leaving them in the care of a friend. When we returned, Kenny was on his back, and died soon after. It took all I had not to say, “You killed Kenny! You Bast*rd!"

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I would have told that professor to go teach a drama class if the wanted to dance.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
Probably did that for personal benefit... Need lots of papers about a topic? Let the students do the work :rolleyes:

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
One hatched out with many split scutes. We were keeping him as well. I named him, “Kenny". Karen and I left town for a few days, leaving them in the care of a friend. When we returned, Kenny was on his back, and died soon after. It took all I had not to say, “You killed Kenny! You Bast*rd!"
I might have slapped him, if I were you... Rage is blind. Very sorry about Kenny :(
Edit: hmmm, this seems very harsh now that I think of it.... I think I would have shouted... Its very sad this has happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I loathe the dmv. It's always been horribly long lines no matter the state I've lived in, or the city. Although I think my city has the worst I've experienced yet. Sardine cans with cameras and 30 grumpy licensers.

You would like ours. It's only open on Wednesday and has two folks running it, but.... you are in and out in under five minutes. (most of the time used to be sure you have your ID proofs and taking those darn pictures.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I made apple crisp! Anyone want some?

View attachment 96990

With vanilla ice cream "scoops"... I'm too lazy to let the ice cream soften so I scrape off the top :p
View attachment 96991

I love how it's feeling like fall! We can open the windows for cooler air before 10pm!

Weird having the house at 72 instead of 80. I can't wait to use the fireplace this winter too.

I have been craving apple crisp. :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Took a drive over to another local town this am to get ice tea at Casey's (gas station/convenience store). Really starting to look like fall out there. :( The corn is dried ready to be harvested. Bean fields are turning yellow as they ripen. The milo fields are turning a beautiful red color.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Took a drive over to another local town this am to get ice tea at Casey's (gas station/convenience store). Really starting to look like fall out there. :( The corn is dried ready to be harvested. Bean fields are turning yellow as they ripen. The milo fields are turning a beautiful red color.
Turning into fall all right, fog appeared on sunday... So in my part of the world, it means winter is coming! Yay! (Here, the weather is only good in late fall/winter/early spring) :D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Good Morning TFO......

Care for a shot of your surrounding?? It sounds so beautiful the way you wrote it.

The ice tea are so good that you took a drive for it?? serious??

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
We (Northern Cal) may have our first rain tomorrow. We have so many forest fire going right now that really can use some weather to help. One fire at Kings Mountain have about 5,000 fire fighter on it, it cost 5,000,000 dollar a day to fight it. And that was a result of arson.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
That fire up here last weekend that was 100 acres overnight, now is upto 5400 acres! We DO get rain in the next 24 hours so that will help knock it down some.