Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
OMG!!! It's so good to hear from you!
I went and reappeared at the end of January and then life got crazy again. A coworker cut her hand on a glass plate so bad that she needed major surgery on it, and since our job is pretty hands on (carrying buckets of water around, watering plants in high places, driving which isn’t so easy when one hand is in a cast) that ive not only been doing a lot of my own work but also helping out and taking care of some of her accounts, so many hours, so much overtime, pay has been nice but man have I been tired.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Blooming Hoya, These guys have never bloomed, and I’ve been trying so hard to convince them and they finally listened. I’m so happy. I LOVE Hoya plants, someday my next tattoo I think will be a back one with a hoya vine with a bloom and my snake climbing the vine.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I forgot to add the picture :oops:? still trying to figure out how to do these post things without the app. 918C2595-082E-4157-B021-E5D460B96BAC.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hoya is one of my favorite species. I have several varieties. Mine bloom too. They go into the greenhouse for the winter, where they really, really love to be, then back outside in the spring. Mine don't bloom until the middle of summer. I'll see if I have any pictures from before. . .

Nope, can't find any.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Hoya is one of my favorite species. I have several varieties. Mine bloom too. They go into the greenhouse for the winter, where they really, really love to be, then back outside in the spring. Mine don't bloom until the middle of summer. I'll see if I have any pictures from before. . .

Nope, can't find any.
I have a different variety, I actually am only super familiar with Hoya Carnosa since those are the only ones we have at work (and our growers in FL don’t seem to have any to send us... meanwhile grocery stores have them) I have rooted cuttings from one in water and have been for over a year just chilling in my window sill in our bedroom, and one I actually bought that have longer thinner leaves but it doesn’t do much growing because we don’t have much light in here, someday when I have a house... if this darn plague doesn’t lead to a recession that kills my job because when money is tight plants are the first tings a business cuts, though the housing market going toast wouldn’t be too bad for me on the buyer side of things ?

I would kill for a hoya Kerriii with their cute heart shaped leaves, but all we get here at stores are single leaf cuttings (usually painted with cutesy things like valentines or get well soon), no node so no future growth.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have kerii and ovatum, which is kerii without the dip at the top. They're all bunched together in the greenhouse, so it's hard to see individuals, but I'll go grab a quick picture. . .

Hoya a.jpgHoya b.jpgHoya c.jpg

The begonias really love it in the green house:

begonia a.jpg

And I spied Snappy sunning on my way back to the house:

Snappy.jpg

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I have kerii and ovatum, which is kerii without the dip at the top. They're all bunched together in the greenhouse, so it's hard to see individuals, but I'll go grab a quick picture. . .

View attachment 287978View attachment 287979View attachment 287980

View attachment 287977

View attachment 287981
Mmm happy greenhouse pictures, my house goal is that I find one with a nice south facing sunroom/sunporch, and load it up with plants. Because all I have here is a west sliding door with a balcony oning and an East bedroom window which isn’t good for much. my plant shelf itself is in the dark kitchen running grow lights but the succulents aren’t terribly happy, and I’m pretty sure my agave pup is starting to stretch, so I usually try to stick to low light plants, finally finally hunted down my long searched for Raven ZZ because what retired grown up goth kid doesn’t want a black plant. And of course my Philodendron Selloum which is definitely my biggest plant here, I inherited it from work, I guess an account closed and my boss handed me this perfectly good plant to take home, my monstera next to it decided it doesn’t like me.
11695710-603A-4E6D-BE4E-DF24751226CD.jpeg
A5D0B67D-E8AB-43A6-AB96-0BACEDE04DAA.jpeg
C7DCD084-A302-47B4-8B6C-D8BF31093367.jpeg

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Spring cleaning. Vacation week so now is as golf a time as any. Curtains hand washed and all drying in the tub because apartment living isn’t easy and I want a clothes line! Sliding glass door scrubbed as clean as it’ll get (the seal between panes is broke so it’s doomed to be cloudy forever), floors hands and knees scrubbed with bleach and water. more to go after drinking a whole bottle of water and having a snack. D15EA2BA-AE8B-499D-99ED-162267D38FD4.jpegACD18A17-2C2F-4320-8F23-5E364E2B0BBF.jpeg1B8E026A-2858-4595-9D1D-CC2624A0239B.jpeg396494F7-AB3C-43D4-8DD3-443F6BBEABF8.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Not me, man. . . I'd rather live in filth than do house cleaning!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Not me, man. . . I'd rather live in filth than do house cleaning!
I can’t do it. I don’t enjoy cleaning but I enjoy being clean. If I didn’t clean we would live in filth because the boyfriend certainly doesn’t clean (though I did get his kids to sweep and vacuum this weekend so that’s a small victory for me).

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club

View attachment 287978View attachment 287979View attachment 287980

View attachment 287977

View attachment 287981
Everyone knows Snapping turtles don't bask. LOL I know mine sure do . They'll bite your fingers off to if given the chance.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and how is everyone doing?

Please do stay home and be safe. :<3::<3::<3:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
And washing your hand thoroughly every time you come home. Leave your outside shoes outside on the porch and change into a indoor shoes. No measures is overboard at this time.