Pretend Chat 2.14

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
OH, I'm so sorry. Sorry for your lost. I can't come up with the words of comfort but you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
JJ just could never catch a break. He was the one born with heart issues. He had his first heart surgery at only a few days old. A couple of pacemakers too.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
Oh my goodness, I can’t even fathom the feelings of grief and loss you must be going through. You and yours will be in my thoughts throughout the day. May you and your family find some peace in this time of extreme emotion pain.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
What have you been up to?
I moved across the country again back to Oregon from Texas a little over a year ago and since then I’ve just been living on the farm taking care of the cattle and working a lot. Recently adopted another Russian from a woman that runs a small rescue out of her house. I was told he’s 16 but out of all the Russians I’ve had he has almost zero personality. Other than the fact he’s the mor boring tort I’ve had he decided to completely stop eating about a week and a half ago. Right now I’m trying to figure out what I can do to get him eating again and if not I’m looking for a local vet that has experience with reptiles. Not that I really have the money to spend on vet visits right now but I gotta do what I gotta do to keep him healthy. I’m worried he’s gonna have a RI. I noticed last night he’s started rubbing his eyes and there is the slightest hint of a click when he breaths. Not all the time but occasionally. I made sure to keep him warm last night and that his enclosure was good to go before I left this morning.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just because I’ve gained a little weight it doesn’t make me Santa lol. How have you been Yvonne?
Can't complain. Just getting old and lazy.
I hope everyone's week is going well. Ours started sad with the funeral of a Grandson. He was only 8. His birthday was about two weeks earlier.
Oh Jacqui! That's awful. I'm so sorry that happened!

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
Can't complain. Just getting old and lazy.

I have a birthday coming up in a couple of days and while I’m still only in my 30’s I certainly feel old from years of not taking better care of my body when I was younger. And as long as you still get most of the important things done being lazy isn’t so awful. At least it’s not in my book :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello TFO and is this a good Monday for you? Cold morning and warm afternoon.

H2lSbEaESACjdqlOjSnkUQ.jpg

Little pig is out for sunbath and leaves this for me.

bNjJJLShQZGh1Qh2I4B2EA.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
One doesn't realize how much you depend on certain things until it's not there anymore.

Last week my credit card was hacked and I had to close that one and get a new one. The new one would come in the mail within 10 days.

I need cat food and I buy online, so I sat down at the computer, then realized I don't have a credit card.

Then I decided to go to the ATM and get cash so I could go to the store and figured I'd drop off a few boxes of books at the library for their book sale as long as I was going out. So I sat down at the computer to check when the library opens - no internet! Seems a couple of rambunctious kittens knocked the modem off the shelf during the night and the weight of it pulled the cord loose from the quick connect on the end of the cord. So, no credit card, no internet, no phone book. . . I seem to be out in the middle of the desert with no paddle!

But at least I don't have a big pile of messy urates to clean up!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I'm more than happy to clean that up, even it is a very smelly one.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we will make a paddle for you soon. Or you prefer a bottle of water?;)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello TFO and Good morning. Happy Tuesday! Sunny but cold morning here in the Bay Area.

We need rain.......Badly.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I had a wonderful birthday weekend that was spent with friends and family. I was pleasantly surprised to see several of you had wished me a happy birthday as well. You all are such wonderful people and my favorite online family.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Happy Thursday! ! ! I'm bore. Can you tell.....

elderly10.gif

elderly10.gif

Let me share some photo of succlents in my backyard.

IMG_3059.JPGIMG_3060.JPGIMG_3061.JPGIMG_3062.JPGIMG_3063.JPGIMG_3064.JPGIMG_3065.JPGIMG_3066.JPGIMG_3067.JPGIMG_3068.JPGIMG_3069.JPGIMG_3070.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Next time you come visit I'd love it if you'd bring me a couple pads off the succulent in the second picture.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
It’s absolutely gorgeous out today. Very light breeze, 60° and not a cloud in sight. Yet here I am stuck in the office behind the desk gazing wistfully out the window. I don’t want to be here anymore. I’d happily forfeit the rest of my pay today to be able to enjoy the sunshine. I could be adding the hinges to the windowed too of my tort table or start the beginning stages of building an outdoor enclosure for him.