Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
1305677_1280x720.jpg

When you see pictures like this and read news stories about all the damage yesterday's wind storm did, my little bit of wind disturbance is piddly by comparison:

Why couldn't the wind have cleaned off the roof for me:
wind damage 3-30-17 c.jpg

Thank goodness there was no damage here. The wind picked up and tossed a heavy rubber water trough about 15 feet and it landed in the leopard yard:
wind damage 3-31-17 d.jpg

And it knocked the others off their stack:
wind damage 3-30-17 e.jpg

I don't know where these shingles came from. My shingles are dark blue. The shingles on the old house are this color, but that roof shows no missing shingles:
wind damage 3-30-17 f.jpg

There was no damage here at all. A flower pot tipped over:
wind damage 3-30-17 g.jpg

But over at my daughter's house, a half mile to the north of me, her 'car port' was knocked down. The only thing saving it from blowing away was the fact its feet are in cement:
wind damage 3-30-17 b.JPG

And a 6' privacy fence blew over:
wind damage 3-30-17 a.JPG

When you consider that all the fences on her property are over 30 years old, I guess you have to consider yourself lucky if this is the only one that blew down.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It does put pressure on my lower back. We have two. The gas is to much work starting it. I start and stop a lot. Our electric is shorter but I love the convenience.

Your poor kid!! That thing looks awful!!

I'll share pics! Thank you, I think they are pretty cute myself.

My brother was suppose to get married 3 years ago when my kids were smaller and cuter for a flower girl and ring bearer but my new sister in law got breast cancer and a double mastectomy at 24!

I have a battery one. Light weight and push button start.

Lori lawson

Desert hot springs,ca
Oh my goodness yvonne. He is acting up. I used an upside Dow wash tub from Walmart. They're plastic and easy to cut a hole in for him to go into. You can also cut it in half and put the cut piece up against the glass and cut hole for him to go into from front. He can't climb plastic. The tubs are 3$$. So sorry he's being bad for you
Hey yvonne. Good news. Harley has gone from 75 g to 81g How's kona doing?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Kona's doing just fine. He has settled in and has made himself right at home. The plants in his habitat have been demolished, there's always substrate in his water, and he prefers to sleep in the plant pot that he took the plant out of rather than the half log. He eats everything I feed him. He seems content, and doesn't pace or try to escape.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cam should be here. My son, son-in-law, and future son-in-law are sitting around all on their phones, playing against each other. The comments and laughter are so great. I could see Cam joining in.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Greetings from SUNNY Oregon! It feels weird to say that after a long winter.

1490998325775.jpg1490998357774.jpg1490998384767.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cam should be here. My son, son-in-law, and future son-in-law are sitting around all on their phones, playing against each other. The comments and laughter are so great. I could see Cam joining in.

Quote - "you could SEE Cam joining in"???????? That would be the day. None of us has ever SEEN Cam. You are talking about our invisible moderator, right?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Kona's doing just fine. He has settled in and has made himself right at home. The plants in his habitat have been demolished, there's always substrate in his water, and he prefers to sleep in the plant pot that he took the plant out of rather than the half log. He eats everything I feed him. He seems content, and doesn't pace or try to escape.
Yovonne answered your question