Pretend Chat 2.14

Lori lawson

Location (City and/or State)
Desert hot springs,ca
He's made himself right at home. He eats soon as I place the food down. He has already knocked over the plants and messed up the enclosure.
Lol. That sounds like he's feeling like king of the castle haha. He knocked over your cactus? Maybe he's looking for dirt. He used to kick the cococoir all over his back. I hope he's not too much trouble and I hope you fall in love with him Harley's eating great!!! I expect to see weight increase soon

Lori lawson

Desert hot springs,ca
Lol. That sounds like he's feeling like king of the castle haha. He knocked over your cactus? Maybe he's looking for dirt. He used to kick the cococoir all over his back. I hope he's not too much trouble and I hope you fall in love with him Harley's eating great!!! I expect to see weight increase soon
And I think God blessed you by having your fence repaired for all the good you do. Enjoy a little reward yvonne!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
The cat is giving the tortoise the stink eye.
Yeah Stache has some jealousy issues with Franklin hahah, their first encounter may have consisted of me holding the tortoise chasing the cat around because he was afraid after he sniffed him and Franklin sucked into his shell and blew air at him hahaha

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
funny-galapagos-olympics-tortoise-turtles-racing-grass-pics.jpg

My soda is flat and my popcorn is stale, this race is taking forever... ;)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
The general mood at the moment ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1490567623.861669.jpg
Just relaxing and being lazy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, it wasn't much of a write-up. The found tortoise follow-up story was part of the Bee's editorial today:

Elmo.jpg

BY THE EDITORIAL BOARD

Thumbs up to Yvonne Gomez of Clovis for searching out the family of a California desert tortoise, Elmo, after years missing from his owners. We now know that Elmo escaped from his back yard when a gate was inadvertently left open. He was discovered last year between Reedley and Dinuba by some folks who cared for him. Last August, however, they took him to Gomez’s Turtle and Tortoise Rescue in Clovis when they moved out of the area.

Gomez thought she wouldn’t be able to track down his original family. Then she decided to write a letter to the editor in The Bee. It worked! Her first phone call the day it appeared in the newspaper was from the Marshall family. Jason and Sandy described Elmo perfectly, right down to the fiberglass patch on his shell. (The story goes that the patch was created to heal an injury when a previous owner accidentally ran over him with a lawnmower.) All is well now, and the family is happily reunited.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/editorials/article140613548.html#storylink=cpy

They didn't get it exactly right, as I received the tortoise only last week, not last August.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Well, it wasn't much of a write-up. The found tortoise follow-up story was part of the Bee's editorial today:

View attachment 203214

BY THE EDITORIAL BOARD

Thumbs up to Yvonne Gomez of Clovis for searching out the family of a California desert tortoise, Elmo, after years missing from his owners. We now know that Elmo escaped from his back yard when a gate was inadvertently left open. He was discovered last year between Reedley and Dinuba by some folks who cared for him. Last August, however, they took him to Gomez’s Turtle and Tortoise Rescue in Clovis when they moved out of the area.

Gomez thought she wouldn’t be able to track down his original family. Then she decided to write a letter to the editor in The Bee. It worked! Her first phone call the day it appeared in the newspaper was from the Marshall family. Jason and Sandy described Elmo perfectly, right down to the fiberglass patch on his shell. (The story goes that the patch was created to heal an injury when a previous owner accidentally ran over him with a lawnmower.) All is well now, and the family is happily reunited.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/editorials/article140613548.html#storylink=cpy

They didn't get it exactly right, as I received the tortoise only last week, not last August.
You're right. Very anticlimactic.
I'm glad he's back home though and you got mentioned too:)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Ok, cat lovers! Here's one of the projects my family worked on today!
We made an outdoor cat enclosure off our bedroom so the kitty can go in and out as he pleases!
I thought I was going to have to acclimate him but as soon as I took the screen off he bolted right in! He has been out there for hours. He came in for a few and went right back out!
We are going to put in a cat door in the screen someday.
I know it's 7' high and about 12x12ish. It's covered in bird netting.
Now we just need to add furniture.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1490578215.593847.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1490578237.626309.jpg

Watching our work
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1490578274.480199.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1490578306.072637.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1490578343.691863.jpg