Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I forgot to tell you all - after I rec'd the call from the patched tortoise's owner this a.m. I called the newspaper and left a message on the "letters to the editor" gal's voice mail thanking her for the column and letting her know I found the tortoise's owner.

She called me this afternoon and asked me all sorts of questions and said they're going to run a follow-up article. She also asked for the tortoise owner's phone number so he can be interviewed too.

Nuts. I don't get the paper, so I won't know if or when they write the article.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I forgot to tell you all - after I rec'd the call from the patched tortoise's owner this a.m. I called the newspaper and left a message on the "letters to the editor" gal's voice mail thanking her for the column and letting her know I found the tortoise's owner.

She called me this afternoon and asked me all sorts of questions and said they're going to run a follow-up article. She also asked for the tortoise owner's phone number so he can be interviewed too.

Nuts. I don't get the paper, so I won't know if or when they write the article.

You can ask them to notify you when it runs so you can get a copy. They may put it online as well, a lot of newspapers have websites now.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Kona dug down into the substrate in front of the shelter and settled in there for the night. So far this a.m. all he's done is turn around and sit there looking around. I'm sure it will take him a couple days to become accustomed to his new environment.

M

Maggie Cummings

You can ask them to notify you when it runs so you can get a copy. They may put it online as well, a lot of newspapers have websites now.
Your nephew reads the Bee every day and called me last night all excited because he read your lost ad. He told me he called you, all excited about it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi ever'body!

A few days ago a fellow came over and adopted two 3-toe box turtles. He and his wife are very happy with them. He called me the next day and asked if he could come over as he had some questions. While we were sitting there talking, I could tell he was about to offer me a donation. I explained that I don't take donations (because I have desert tortoises to adopt out, I never take money from anyone. It only takes one person mentioning that they "bought" a desert tortoise from me to get me in trouble). So he said, well, how about some work? Do you need any help with anything around here. I pointed to my falling down Aldabra fence. He jumped right on it (not the fence, the project). He took out a pad and pencil and started making notes. I explained how the road was due to be widened and my driveway won't be exactly where it is now, so I don't want to use new lumber to repair the fence because I may have to move it at a later date.

So yesterday here he comes with lumber, posts and nails! He's going to come back Wed and Thurs (his days off) and work on repairing the fence.

Needless to say, I feel pretty guilty about accepting this from him. Two little box turtles don't come near in value to what he is offering to do.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It looks like I have another day off. It's raining today. My daughter is always telling me about the good bargains she gets when she grocery shops at Winco, and she invited me to go with her this a.m. (at 7 am, for cripes sake!). What a big store. But I'm afraid it's too big for me, plus, they didn't have the kind of produce I like to buy for my tortoises. I get up to the check stand and she rings up my groceries. I slid my card and it asks for my 'pin.' It's not a debit card. Oh, she says, we don't take credit cards. So my daughter paid for my groceries (I'll pay her back when I can get to the bank). I won't be going there again. I'm perfectly happy buying my produce at Smart and Final and my groceries at Walmart. But it was nice to be able to spend some time with my daughter.

So, I've dilly dallied long enough. Time to gather up the tortoise and cat food and head out. Later. . .

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
It looks like I have another day off. It's raining today. My daughter is always telling me about the good bargains she gets when she grocery shops at Winco, and she invited me to go with her this a.m. (at 7 am, for cripes sake!). What a big store. But I'm afraid it's too big for me, plus, they didn't have the kind of produce I like to buy for my tortoises. I get up to the check stand and she rings up my groceries. I slid my card and it asks for my 'pin.' It's not a debit card. Oh, she says, we don't take credit cards. So my daughter paid for my groceries (I'll pay her back when I can get to the bank). I won't be going there again. I'm perfectly happy buying my produce at Smart and Final and my groceries at Walmart. But it was nice to be able to spend some time with my daughter.

So, I've dilly dallied long enough. Time to gather up the tortoise and cat food and head out. Later. . .

ikr, who grocery shops that late?

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Afternoon all :)
I survived my first day of on the road training yesterday. So did the torts. They are a little pouty, but they will be fine. Just like anything else, they will get use to their new feeding schedule and routine:)
How is everyone?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Afternoon all :)
I survived my first day of on the road training yesterday. So did the torts. They are a little pouty, but they will be fine. Just like anything else, they will get use to their new feeding schedule and routine:)
How is everyone?

what hours will you be working?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hi ever'body!

A few days ago a fellow came over and adopted two 3-toe box turtles. He and his wife are very happy with them. He called me the next day and asked if he could come over as he had some questions. While we were sitting there talking, I could tell he was about to offer me a donation. I explained that I don't take donations (because I have desert tortoises to adopt out, I never take money from anyone. It only takes one person mentioning that they "bought" a desert tortoise from me to get me in trouble). So he said, well, how about some work? Do you need any help with anything around here. I pointed to my falling down Aldabra fence. He jumped right on it (not the fence, the project). He took out a pad and pencil and started making notes. I explained how the road was due to be widened and my driveway won't be exactly where it is now, so I don't want to use new lumber to repair the fence because I may have to move it at a later date.

So yesterday here he comes with lumber, posts and nails! He's going to come back Wed and Thurs (his days off) and work on repairing the fence.

Needless to say, I feel pretty guilty about accepting this from him. Two little box turtles don't come near in value to what he is offering to do.

Merry Christmas to you!!!
That is wonderful, and don't feel guilty! He offered and he sounds happy to help!!! Take it!!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hi ever'body!

You are a awesome person........So awesome things happens for you! ! ! !

Lori lawson

Desert hot springs,ca

Hey yvonne. How is kona doing. He dug down in the cococoir at my house too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey yvonne. How is kona doing. He dug down in the cococoir at my house too.

He's made himself right at home. He eats soon as I place the food down. He has already knocked over the plants and messed up the enclosure.