Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's something I've grown up doing here in Texas, not many people have heard of it(even here) but it really works, if I eat a pickle at least 3-4 times a week, I stop getting bug bites :)

Stands to reason. If you put a bit of vinegar in the horse's water trough it repels flies off the horse too. I guess I'll start eating more pickles.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I looked it up:
"
Topical Mosquito Repellents

• Lemon Eucalyptus oil can be used to repel mosquitoes.
  • Rubbing the skin with baby oil or imitation vanilla extract repels biting insects such as mosquitoes and blackflies.
  • One of our favorite remedies is rubbing apple cider vinegar on your skin to repel insects. If you take in enough apple cider vinegar by putting it on foods you eat, you’ll develop a body odor that will repel insects, including black flies. One great and refreshing summer drink for this purpose is switchel, made from apple cider vinegar.
  • Some people swear garlic works and swallow slivered garlic to ward off these summer pests. Others take garlic tablets or rub garlic juice directly on their skin. Some people apply onion or radish juice for the same purpose"

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
It's something I've grown up doing here in Texas, not many people have heard of it(even here) but it really works, if I eat a pickle at least 3-4 times a week, I stop getting bug bites :)
Let me see if I can score some pickle here in China.;););). Or I'll pack some on my next trip here. Custom may wonder why......:D:D:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CathyNed

5 Year Member
Mayo, Ireland
IM ON HOLIDAYS!!! Term finished up on Friday. Im officially off work until 30th of August!!WOHOO!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

So maybe those cucumber slices and onions is my body's way of craving them to help with skeeters. Guess that means I need to buy more!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Life is strange. My eldest son broke up with his girlfriend and moved into his brother's house this week. Now all four of my children (and two boyfriends) live together.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Saw a couple of beautiful fireworks displays on the way to work.

Myroli

I looked it up:
"
Topical Mosquito Repellents

• Lemon Eucalyptus oil can be used to repel mosquitoes.
  • Rubbing the skin with baby oil or imitation vanilla extract repels biting insects such as mosquitoes and blackflies.
  • One of our favorite remedies is rubbing apple cider vinegar on your skin to repel insects. If you take in enough apple cider vinegar by putting it on foods you eat, you’ll develop a body odor that will repel insects, including black flies. One great and refreshing summer drink for this purpose is switchel, made from apple cider vinegar.
  • Some people swear garlic works and swallow slivered garlic to ward off these summer pests. Others take garlic tablets or rub garlic juice directly on their skin. Some people apply onion or radish juice for the same purpose"
My grandma just drinks a cup of Apple cider vinegar everyday, but it's for the health benefits(i don't remember what) and she says it's disgusting, but she's never been a fan of things with too much vinegar taste in it. I have a hard time eating a whole pickle all at once, I generally have to eat part of it at a time throughout the day, but I never remember to put things like bug repellent and sunscreen on, so this is easier/better for me.