Pretend Chat 2.14

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I love toads, they make me squeal like a little girl.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I saw a small toad near the box turtle enclosure and thought of you Yvonne.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I think I'm going to jump into the Wayback machine

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Actually,Today it's housework. Yuck....
See her tongue sticking out? She's trying to wash her belly, only she's so fat she can't quite get there, so she washes the air.
View attachment 171224
Reminds me of my best buddy cat, "Baxter". Here he was just rolling and enjoying himself, and fell fast asleep. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461471448.563858.jpghere he's showing off his lower canines to intimidate ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461471515.447914.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
stop this planet I want to get off

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Only two more hours and I am off work. :) of course, it is also starting to rain. :(

Myroli

For anyone in texas: someone in craigslist san Antonio pets is selling a seriously pyramided sulcata for $300 the add is called Land Turtle. I would get it if I had $300

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Just popping in to say........
200d849025a4aa754aaf0b9351e02a25.jpg
everyone from me and of course...OLI.:<3:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Noel and Gillian! (and everyone else.)

I rode my new toy mower around and around the pasture this afternoon after William left. I had to have the mower deck up on position 3, not down on 1 like I would have liked, and for a toy, it did a damned fine job!! I was so into it that when I got back up in front of the house, I went into Dudley's yard and did his too! There's still a lot of edge work to do with the Weedeater, but that's for another day.

pasture.jpg Dudley's yard 4-25-16.jpg

William was here this week-end to pick up the leopard babies and take them to San Diego to sell. He was a big help to me while he was here. Three fence posts in the back yard were rotten and the fence was waiting for the next big wind in order to be blown over. He replaced those posts for me. Then he reinforced a small section of the Gulf Coast box turtle fence. It's in a back corner and SO tests it frequently. So now that's fixed too. He cut a whole bunch of branches off the mulberry tree for the tortoises, and to let a little light in under the tree. We went out to lunch, and we went to the frozen yogurt place. Now he's back on the road. Plus, I took in rescues # 17, 18 and 19 and took a phone call letting me know someone will be bringing me 4 baby box turtles. I'm ready for a nap.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hi Noel and Gillian! (and everyone else.)

I rode my new toy mower around and around the pasture this afternoon after William left. I had to have the mower deck up on position 3, not down on 1 like I would have liked, and for a toy, it did a damned fine job!! I was so into it that when I got back up in front of the house, I went into Dudley's yard and did his too! There's still a lot of edge work to do with the Weedeater, but that's for another day.

View attachment 171403 View attachment 171404

William was here this week-end to pick up the leopard babies and take them to San Diego to sell. He was a big help to me while he was here. Three fence posts in the back yard were rotten and the fence was waiting for the next big wind in order to be blown over. He replaced those posts for me. Then he reinforced a small section of the Gulf Coast box turtle fence. It's in a back corner and SO tests it frequently. So now that's fixed too. He cut a whole bunch of branches off the mulberry tree for the tortoises, and to let a little light in under the tree. We went out to lunch, and we went to the frozen yogurt place. Now he's back on the road. Plus, I took in rescues # 17, 18 and 19 and took a phone call letting me know someone will be bringing me 4 baby box turtles. I'm ready for a nap.

So glad Will was able to lend a hand!!
You are the busiest person I know!!