Pretend Chat 2.14

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Frank Sinatra tribute special on CBS! anyone else watching?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Well, Happy Birthday, girl!!!

Thank you Yvonne, but my actual bday is Tuesday. I did celebrate a bit this weekend with my kids.

Now planning my sons paintball party for next weekend. I love Birthday's near Xmas!! NOT!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Home made? I love home made tacos.

Speaking of buying food from Taco Bell (right?) Friday when I was running errands, I bit the bullet and swallowed my fear of the food preparer coughing or sneezing on my food and I stopped at Taco Bell. I had seen the commercial for their new Boss Nachos and it looked good. Well I bought the steak boss nachos, then went to the liquor store for some scratchers then went home. I piled all my grocery bags into the wheel barrow, closed up the garage and wheeled the barrow into the house/kitchen. After putting the groceries away, I pulled out some left-over rice and pork and heated it up in the micro wave. Long about 8p Friday night I saw a Taco Bell commercial and said, "Oh SH____! (shoot) Went into the kitchen, and there on my table was this big bag from Taco Bell. By now, 9 hours later, the chips were like rubber, so the whole $6 worth of lunch went into the garbage.

That is a bummer!! I would have been so disappointed!!
I feel your pain!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hello guys!! Taking a break and watching football. Had a soccer tournament and missed the finals by one goal! We hung outdoor lights and I'm beat!! It my birthday weekend so I'm not cooking tonight.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
It was finally warm enough to take the torts out for a few hours. The are happy!! The really do pout when stuck inside.

So we missed telling you happy birthday?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thank you Yvonne, but my actual bday is Tuesday. I did celebrate a bit this weekend with my kids.

Now planning my sons paintball party for next weekend. I love Birthday's near Xmas!! NOT!!

so we are actually doing it early. Glad we didn't miss it. I would think birthdays near any holiday could suck a bit, but especially Christmas.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The sun rise was so pretty on the way to work this morning. Made the sky almost look like it was on fire.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Dang just saw the ad saying the other two lemon drops are still left. Shoot, should have gotten them at the same time I bought their siblings.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've gotten requests for money in my email before from some sort of inheritance or other where I have to send them a bit of money in order to get the big bucks, but this morning's email brought me a new kind. I've never heard of this person before in my life:

" I'm sorry i didn't inform you about my trip, i'm in Manila, Philippines right now with my family on vacation and i'm short on cash right here, I tried to access my account from the cash machines here and it's not working, I went to the bank to withdraw and I was informed that I cannot withdraw money from my account in some countries,that it's network errors, I'm thinking if I could get a quick loan of $2,200 from you or anything you can afford to loan me so that I can clear some little things here and also take a cab to the airport. I promise to refund it as soon as I get back home on Sunday morning, let me know so I can send you my details.

Waiting to hear from you.

Regards,

Denise Furmanski"

I wonder if this works at all. I could use a little extra money. Poor Denise. She needs $2,200 to "clear some little things..." If $2,200 is needed for little things, I wonder how much is for BIG things. Hm-m-m-m.

On a brighter note: Downtown Clovis (my town) is fashioned after an old western town. They have some sort of regulation that says any new building in the downtown area have to look like western buildings. And because of our old town theme, during the Christmas holiday season the city fathers hire a local gal who keeps percheron horses, to run a carriage ride around town on week-ends.

My daughter had her grandson, Cyrus, this week-end and they took him for a ride.

carriage ride 12-15 a.JPG carriage ride 12-15 b.JPG carriage ride 12-15 c.JPG

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
How many people fall for that ? There's no way I'm sending anyone money like that . I will not even give my information over the phone .