Pretend Chat 2.14

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Ugh. I'm having such a stinky day. I'm down in the dumps and so full of anxiety. :(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ugh. I'm having such a stinky day. I'm down in the dumps and so full of anxiety. :(

Try to find a soothing place in your mind. Do your best to let the things bothering you slide away. Think positive things.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Well some more unfun things went down this evening with my teenaged son. :angry:
I had a good cry then made a list of things to do tomorrow to help remedy that particular situation. And I spent a little time with the hatchlings and Jack was being ultra cute. Check him out.
https://instagram.com/p/97XjrCMt9m/

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Well some more unfun things went down this evening with my teenaged son. :angry:
I had a good cry then made a list of things to do tomorrow to help remedy that particular situation. And I spent a little time with the hatchlings and Jack was being ultra cute. Check him out.
https://instagram.com/p/97XjrCMt9m/

I'm not ready for teenage stuff!!
Sorry you had a tough day!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Does anyone have experience with Indian Ringneck parrot? I got a call from a bird rescue here in town asking if I want one and I accepted. I don't have a cage. The bird was found flying around a neighborhood. The 'finder' took a week's worth of encouraging and eventually was able to befriend the bird and capture it. He says it won't allow him to actually touch it, however the bird will sit on his shoulder, groom his head, etc. The bird can touch the human, just not the other way around.

I have a house cat and a dog. I don't know how much free flight this bird will be able to have. So I think I need a pretty big cage, right?

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Does anyone have experience with Indian Ringneck parrot? I got a call from a bird rescue here in town asking if I want one and I accepted. I don't have a cage. The bird was found flying around a neighborhood. The 'finder' took a week's worth of encouraging and eventually was able to befriend the bird and capture it. He says it won't allow him to actually touch it, however the bird will sit on his shoulder, groom his head, etc. The bird can touch the human, just not the other way around.
I have a house cat and a dog. I don't know how much free flight this bird will be able to have. So I think I need a pretty big cage, right?

Have you had a parrot before? I haven't, but we did have an umbrella cockatoo at work. He had a recurring prolapsing cloaca, so it was difficult finding a home for him that could keep up with bringing him to a vet for care. He could be downright nasty at times, I'm sure being in the cage so much didn't help, neither did the fact that none of us aside from the doctor knew parrots or their behavior all that well.

If you would plan on letting the cage door be open a good deal of the day, letting him perch on top of his cage and ride on your shoulder, then I don't think a smaller sized cage would be so bad. If you don't think you would realistically have the time to work with him each day to get him more tame, then a larger cage with lots of toys and things is probably the way to go.

Myroli

Depends on the size of the bird and if it allows you to take it out and put it back in without a fight. I do know what you can feed it though, a bird food called harrisons is really good, and then fresh fruits and veggies once a day

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well I got all the stuff from my fridge out to the trash, so that's done. :(