Pretend Chat 2.14

taza

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cambridge, Ontario.Canada
It is POURING and has been most of the night. It doesn't look to be ending anytime soon but for now everything with us is ok. We haven't tried to leave the house yet but will have to later today and there is a lot of flooding so I'm not sure the route we will have to take.
My thoughts are with you and your family, I hope this storm settles down, be safe!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
when the defecation hits the osculating blade it really does. My grandma's in the hospital right now cause unknown my girlfriends moms in the hospital right now cause unknown as well.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
when the defecation hits the osculating blade it really does. My grandma's in the hospital right now cause unknown my girlfriends moms in the hospital right now cause unknown as well.

That is not the way to experience things together.:( I hope they both get better.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The weatherman is not my friend. :( They said last night's low would be 40-41. When I got off work and checked it was 35. Of course at the same time, they were still sticking to their original numbers. 35 would have meant covering up the still surviving plants outside. Not sure how my vines and 'maters faired. :(

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
good-evening-flowers-bouqet-graphic.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It's raining still ! But its not flooding in my neighborhood . It's only 60 degrees outside .

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
The weatherman is not my friend. :( They said last night's low would be 40-41. When I got off work and checked it was 35. Of course at the same time, they were still sticking to their original numbers. 35 would have meant covering up the still surviving plants outside. Not sure how my vines and 'maters faired. :(
Hi Jacqui, hope you're well.

He (the weatherman) is not my friend either: it's been pouring with rain here for hours, and temperature has dropped.:(

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
would you people stop talking about rain please were dry as a bone here in California

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
so right now the doctor say my grandma has a life-threatening infection in there somewhere. it doesn't look good at the moment but time will tell if something does happen to her I tend to use dark and/or gallows humor to deal with stuff so if so my jokes and comments seem out of place the next couple days please forgive me it's how I deal with stuff. You should havesee me right after my dad died in the hospital
in the hospital ICU room I was cracking jokes and making everybody there laugh it must have been a sight to see and hear

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Very sorry to hear this, David.
Hope that they find the causes and that your gran and your girlfriend's mother make speedy recoveries.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear that. I know your GF is not in this country, but how 'bout G-ma? Will you be able to visit her in hospital?

That's why I don't put too much stock in our predictions of having an el Nino year. The weatherpeople are seldom correct. Hopefully you didn't lose anything important.

It's raining still ! But its not flooding in my neighborhood . It's only 60 degrees outside .

60's not too bad. Do you have indoor projects to keep you busy?

Sun is shining here but it's cold. :(

So - outdoors work or indoors work? Or having a nice relaxing Sunday doing nothing.

would you people stop talking about rain please were dry as a bone here in California

Live vicariously, David!!

so right now the doctor say my grandma has a life-threatening infection in there somewhere. it doesn't look good at the moment but time will tell if something does happen to her I tend to use dark and/or gallows humor to deal with stuff so if so my jokes and comments seem out of place the next couple days please forgive me it's how I deal with stuff. You should havesee me right after my dad died in the hospital
in the hospital ICU room I was cracking jokes and making everybody there laugh it must have been a sight to see and hear

Well, IV antibiotics are no picnic. They make me terribly nauseous. But hopefully the doctors will be able to figure it out and fix G-ma right up!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
No indoor projects . Unless you count the car and motor cycle out in the garage . You can't paint in high humidity . So its been a boring weekend . Harry and Sally isn't happy . I walked out to the tortoise shed Harry was halfway out saying shut up woman its cold out . Sally was inside pounding around . I took them out some lunch she was trying to ram me . I guess Harry told her, her shell makes her butt look big or something .

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear that. I know your GF is not in this country, but how 'bout G-ma? Will you be able to visit her in hospital?

That's why I don't put too much stock in our predictions of having an el Nino year. The weatherpeople are seldom correct. Hopefully you didn't lose anything important.

60's not too bad. Do you have indoor projects to keep you busy?

So - outdoors work or indoors work? Or having a nice relaxing Sunday doing nothing.

Live vicariously, David!!

Well, IV antibiotics are no picnic. They make me terribly nauseous. But hopefully the doctors will be able to figure it out and fix G-ma right up!

Happy Sunday, everyone!
even though we're in different countries we're there for each other right now we have to be. my grandma has an infection its septic very bad plus this morning they found cancerous lumps in her long and rectum so the news isn't good and the outlook right now isn't good. we're waiting to hear from the oncologist

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
David,
I logged on for an entirely different reason that now has fully been replaced by this. Please hear this as humbly as I can deliver it to you.
"May the depths of your wishes to me while I was in early healing stages be passed back to You from Me in yours and your families lives at this time!" And I mean this from all the depths of a free ranging sulcata burrow. You of all people gave me the most drive to pull my skull out of my sphincter hole as it were.
@dmmj