well well well looks like the rain hitting California with a vengeance now

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I finally had to breakdown yesterday and get a new phone. The cracks on the screen I could live with, but then my phone was like it had a gremlin (or David) in it. The screen would start changing, moving, change sizes ect without you even touching it.

Hooray! Finally. Now if only you could get a new laptop.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just told my wife what I said yesterday and her reply was " Mr Clean Magic erasers "

I tried that. Didn't work.

You have to remember...I moved here from a house that had a built in electric range with a tile backsplash and an exhaust hood. So when I started cooking on the free standing electric range, and no exhaust hood, it never occurred to me that the wall behind the stove was getting splashed with drops of grease. So the drips sat there and dried out. The other day the light hit the wall just right and I could see all these hundreds of drops stuck on the wall, and they had been there for such a long time that they have hardened. I tried spraying with Mr. Clean and letting it sit there to soften them, but no, that didn't work. I tried scrubbing them with Mr. Clean's magic eraser, no. I tried scouring them with a green plastic pot scrubber, no. They seem to be stuck to the wall for the duration.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It sucks I'm at work . Ha-ha everything is good .

Yeah, right. From what I've read on here, your "work" consists of you sitting in your truck while the worker bees run around outside doing all the physical stuff!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club

You have to remember...I moved here from a house that had a built in electric range with a tile backsplash and an exhaust hood. So when I started cooking on the free standing electric range, and no exhaust hood, it never occurred to me that the wall behind the stove was getting splashed with drops of grease. So the drips sat there and dried out. The other day the light hit the wall just right and I could see all these hundreds of drops stuck on the wall, and they had been there for such a long time that they have hardened. I tried spraying with Mr. Clean and letting it sit there to soften them, but no, that didn't work. I tried scrubbing them with Mr. Clean's magic eraser, no. I tried scouring them with a green plastic pot scrubber, no. They seem to be stuck to the wall for the duration.
Paint the wall and put up a back splash that will work .

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Yeah, right. From what I've read on here, your "work" consists of you sitting in your truck while the worker bees run around outside doing all the physical stuff!
best job EVAH

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm really having a hard time getting going this a.m. It's already almost 9a and I'm still sitting here in my P.J's. The sky is overcast, so no sun shining. I guess that's making me lazy.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm really having a hard time getting going this a.m. It's already almost 9a and I'm still sitting here in my P.J's. The sky is overcast, so no sun shining. I guess that's making me lazy.
Me, I'm not being lazy today. Though not too super productive either. I've loaded a Waylon Jennings LP on my new phone it's the, “Ultimate Waylon Jennings" LP. 22 songs close to perfection for this here saddle buster.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Me, I'm not being lazy today. Though not too super productive either. I've loaded a Waylon Jennings LP on my new phone it's the, “Ultimate Waylon Jennings" LP. 22 songs close to perfection for this here saddle buster.
I'm happy I'm not the only beer drinking " Redneck ! :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

I've found that this isn't a problem when you don't have a stove.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
best job EVAH

Meh, I guess it depends on the person but I don't think it's a glamorous as it seems. Any type of managerial/supervisory work is basically babysitting grown peoples. Biggest difference is that they have worse attitudes and are more entitled than children.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hooray! Finally. Now if only you could get a new laptop.

Suppose to get the daughter's old one, but now they aren't sure if is broken or just the wrong powercord. I just need to steal it and take it into a repair shop.