Pretend Chat 2.14

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
It's cloudy and dreary here today. Some parts of California are going to be getting rain. It seldom rains here in September, so I doubt it will rain this time. Once the farmers have put out the grapes on trays in the field, Mother Nature sometimes shows her perverse side and rains on them, but not very often.

I've been putting it off for a very long time, but I think I'm going to try to muster up the energy to do a bit of housework. I've discovered that when a house only has one person living in it the spiders think it's ok to move in. Not too many daddy long legs but quite a few black widows in the unused corners.

Does anyone have a GOOD, and easy to use, method for getting the hardened on grease dots off the wall behind the stove? I've tried Mr. Clean and a scouring pad, but nothing gets them off besides scraping them off with a table knife, and that's just too time consuming. I s'pose I could just paint over them.

Ok...time for me to go and get reacquainted with my vacuum cleaner.
Try the Clorox wipes, or the Lysol wipes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, it actually did rain after all. Not enough to get it very wet or make puddles, but it kept the temp very pleasant. Good thing I had picked up all the garden tools, mower and weedeater.

I'm really liking my new box turtle waterer.

The nights are getting down into the 50's here. My next project will have to be getting the tort tables inside the sheds cleaned out so I have a place to bring the youngun's in for the night. I thought I had a few more weeks before I had to take care of that. Mother Nature strikes again. (So many black widows!!!!)

I guess next year BenAwes (SA leopard baby) will be big enough to be out in the yard with the big guys. But for this winter she'll have to stay in the tort table.

Thanks for your suggestion, Tina. I'll buy a pack of the Clorox Wipes and give it a try. But I don't hold out much hope.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
a good rule to live by don't touch the David

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
FYI I'm bringing sexy back time to strut

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Need help with the name of a music video from the eighties. a man and woman are running from a cop and get pulled into a black and white world I can remember the lyrics to the soon but the title escapes me

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I finally had to breakdown yesterday and get a new phone. The cracks on the screen I could live with, but then my phone was like it had a gremlin (or David) in it. The screen would start changing, moving, change sizes ect without you even touching it.