Pretend Chat 2.14

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Quick hello from me too - busy writing reports and I have to concentrate or I'll be telling everyone here that 'while you are making pleasing progress there is room for improvement' and telling Little Bobby's parents that they should ' soak him in Gerber baby carrot food, make sure he is warm and has a humid hide'. Could be very confusing!

Hope everyone is OK today.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Well, I hope I am making pleasing progress in tortoise husbandry and there is certainly still room for improvement.
I would like to see little Bobby soaked in Gerber baby carrot food though, especially if he's the one who bit you.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well you say pretty but that's only your opinion!

It's been OK here today bit of a strong breeze. Lola managed a couple of hours in the garden when I got home.

Been out in the woods today for Camp Craft - making shelters, had a fire and cooked jacket potatoes and sausages. I did have 12 kids with me I hasten to add!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Well you say pretty but that's only your opinion!

It's been OK here today bit of a strong breeze. Lola managed a couple of hours in the garden when I got home.

Been out in the woods today for Camp Craft - making shelters, had a fire and cooked jacket potatoes and sausages. I did have 12 kids with me I hasten to add!
Should've got 'em all picking dandelions.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Now Kim Jong -Un & terrapin farms are in the news . Whats the difference between a turtle & a terrapin ? Has anyone here ever eaten either ???o_O
:confused:o_O
No, I have Not!
Couldn't.
Terrapin is only used in English for several species of turtle including red-eared sliders.
Nobody else uses the term I don't think.
It's not proper taxonomy.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Now Kim Jong -Un & terrapin farms are in the news . Whats the difference between a turtle & a terrapin ? Has anyone here ever eaten either ???o_O
:confused:o_O

Yes, I have eaten turtle (snapping) many times.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I have 5 of them, noisy, messy and very much company. I love having them....

Five rabbits! Wow! A friend of mine living in Spain had ONE-notice ONE, but it drove her nuts. She said your exact words: messy, noisy and even dirty.So I thought: 'A rabbit would not be the right pet for me.'[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Are you a "pluviophile?" (I AM! :p )

'Pluviophile: a lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind on rainy days.'

I do love rain. The music it makes, especially on an old tin roof. The way it smell so fresh, like it wipes away the bad and gives earth a fresh start. The magical way it can turn everything green and bring fouth the blooms. I love stomping on mud puddles and rescuing worms.

However after a couple of weeks, it is getting a bit old.