Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Yesterday Ava was whining for a third feeding. I told her we all had to make sacrifices and she needed to focus on not being one of them. The poor bucket of rocks, she had no idea what I was suggesting.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It was very windy here last night. I looked out the window this a.m. and everything is covered with the seed pods off the mimosa trees. Gad, I hate those things. Now there will be little mimosa seedlings popping up all over the property!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Anybody ever use their wet/dry shop vac to vacuum out water? I need to siphon out the 600 gallon water trough/turtle pond, and a hose takes too long. I was thinking of vacuuming it out with the shop vac. Will I get electrocuted?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Yesterday Ava was whining for a third feeding. I told her we all had to make sacrifices and she needed to focus on not being one of them. The poor bucket of rocks, she had no idea what I was suggesting.

And here I've been keeping my rocks in boxes. Might have to try this bucket things though, the handle alone must make handling them so much easier.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Anybody ever use their wet/dry shop vac to vacuum out water? I need to siphon out the 600 gallon water trough/turtle pond, and a hose takes too long. I was thinking of vacuuming it out with the shop vac. Will I get electrocuted?

Nope, it'll work but you'll probably have to empty the bucket out quite a few times.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nope, it'll work but you'll probably have to empty the bucket out quite a few times.

I was wondering if it would work without having it attached to the bottom. I have a wire chair I was thinking of sitting it on with no bottom, just the motor part. Or does it need the bottom part to create the suction?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I need to siphon out the 600 gallon water trough/turtle pond, and a hose takes too long.
With something like 200gallons of tropical tanks in the house, and Karen diligently doing at least 50% weekly water changes, she has mastered the garden hose syphon method. And the roses do enjoy the gravel filter water.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Still flat on my back. I'm missing my daughter's leadership breakfast at school but daddy is there.

I think I have to resort to calling the Dr. Oh, my cramps are getting the best of me as well! Sorry if it's TMI!

Not a good way to start the day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So sorry, Kathy. It's no fun having back spasms. This seems to be lasting a little longer than normal, no?

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Still flat on my back. I'm missing my daughter's leadership breakfast at school but daddy is there.

I think I have to resort to calling the Dr. Oh, my cramps are getting the best of me as well! Sorry if it's TMI!

Hope you feel better :(

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I was wondering if it would work without having it attached to the bottom. I have a wire chair I was thinking of sitting it on with no bottom, just the motor part. Or does it need the bottom part to create the suction?

It needs the bottom to create the vacuum.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Miskina (Darija for you poor thing, feminine.
Hope things get better soon.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Men have fat groupings, women have glands. Huge difference.
Newt will no need to look all that up…

Ken, there isn't as much difference as you may think. I could get biologically accurate but I'll leave that to the "I wanna know more" crowd.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Ken, there isn't as much difference as you may think. I could get biologically accurate but I'll leave that to the "I wanna know more" crowd.
I know the biology.
But I just like to look at them. From a purely scientific perspective, of course.
(women's, not those horrible man-boobs)

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
I know the biology.
But I just like to look at them. From a purely scientific perspective, of course.
(women's, not those horrible man-boobs)

No argument there, sir! Even as a biologist, my purely scientific perspective appreciation of the definitive mammalian characteristics is shared with you.