Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Is that your tortoise that was born without eyes? Or is it a different one? I can't tell from the picture. Did you see that thread about somebody who also had a little tortoise born without eyes? I can't remember the name of the thread right now, something like sajames...
This is a hatchling I picked up from Tom a couple years ago. As for a different thread/tortoise hatched without eyes, no I haven't seen that thread.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Oh okay. I thought your little tortoise without eyes was small right now but I couldn't quite remember. I think I can still milk this "mental fog from anesthesia" thing for a week longer or so :) I will try to find that thread.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Many of the government jobs here already work that schedule. and I'm noticing the more and more other places are two, or closing at noon on Friday. Practically nobody in my department works a Monday through Friday 8 to 430 schedule. I work 3 nine hour, one five hour,and one eight hour shift.. It is nice to have time off during the workweek.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I worked seven on seven off at one time and I loved it. Yes it was hard to work 7 ten hour days in a row but the seven off was nice.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
One company I managed the way I increased productivity 32% was by starting a 4-10 schedule. It was great. 10 hours isn't too much and everyone likes a 3 day weekend.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
We try to cover quite a long day to accommodate our clients, we see patients from 7 AM till 530 or six sometimes. So between all of us working different kinds of shifts we can get it covered. it is amazing how much morale can improve if people can have a more flexible schedule, instead of the regular 8 to 430 that seems to be the norm in many places. The inpatient staff of course has a very strange schedule because they are covering 365 days a year. but that is not unusual in a healthcare setting there are so many different scheduling schemes going on around there.