Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Good morning! No rain expected and temps are going to be a bit hotter today, but only upper 80s. It's my weekend. Jungle here I come.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
We are still in the 90’s with humidity. There’s so much I want to do in the pens but I just can’t handle the heat.
I bought 3 big bags of peat moss to mix in with my crappy dirt. I can’t even grow clover and dandelions.
My husband has been in China about 4 weeks and I’m so ready for him to come home. He was home for about a week and had to return.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We are still in the 90’s with humidity. There’s so much I want to do in the pens but I just can’t handle the heat.
I bought 3 big bags of peat moss to mix in with my crappy dirt. I can’t even grow clover and dandelions.
My husband has been in China about 4 weeks and I’m so ready for him to come home. He was home for about a week and had to return.
I hear ya on the heat! I go out about 8a and take care of the animals, then Misty and I come back inside and vegetate. The grass is too long, I have a lot of branches to cut up and put away. . . but it's just too damned hot to work outside much past 9 or 10a.

I always liked my time alone, when hubby was gone, so I kinda' don't understand that part of your post. He was messy, pushy, opinionated, bossy. . . I could go on. I wasn't meant to live with another person. I do so enjoy my alone time.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

I am ready for Jeff, too. Of course, even less gets done when he is home.

Last edited:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I hear ya on the heat! I go out about 8a and take care of the animals, then Misty and I come back inside and vegetate. The grass is too long, I have a lot of branches to cut up and put away. . . but it's just too damned hot to work outside much past 9 or 10a.

I always liked my time alone, when hubby was gone, so I kinda' don't understand that part of your post. He was messy, pushy, opinionated, bossy. . . I could go on. I wasn't meant to live with another person. I do so enjoy my alone time.

I prefer the early hours too, but there is just too much drew to cut grass, ect..,

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Coming in to town, I had to stop and let a doe and her fawn cross the road in front of me.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I saved your number so maybe @Yvonne G can edit it out if your half working computer wont allow it.

I can meet you halfway if you want. That won't be a problem now. Just figure it out and let me know. I do have pads for your animals, I offered the Golden barrel cactus for you to have more to care for and decoration...:D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
My wife and I are so looking forward to our trip tomorrow.........

Hooray! ! ! ! ! ! !

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Have my new riding mower working. The old one is still in the shop waiting for a part to come in. Mowed last night til I ran out of gas. The mower ran out of gas, not me. Slow going when the grass US as tall as the mower. :rolleyes:

Also got the chain back on my saw, so I can injure a tree or two big time today.:p

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Okay, details!

Yes, details please!! Yvonne ‘s?

Yes. My wife and I will go see Yvonne this afternoon and have dinner together. Then tomorrow, all three of us will drive down to Ojai CA to visit Turtles Conservancy. Excited ! ! ! ! ! ! !:D:D:D:D:D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Yes. My wife and I will go see Yvonne this afternoon and have dinner together. Then tomorrow, all three of us will drive down to Ojai CA to visit Turtles Conservancy. Excited ! ! ! ! ! ! !:D:D:D:D:D

Wow!! That is awesome!!
Have fun you guys!!!
Yvonne breathe deep, everything will be fine[emoji8]