powersun vs UV heat flood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana Stone

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi all. Looking for opinions on which would be better for an all in one heat/uvb bulb for my Russian torts. I am looking to unclutter the skyline of my tables and would like to eliminate the uvb strip.
I am looking at the T-Rex active UV heat flood vs the ZooMed power sun, both would be 100W. The power sun is readily avail at the stores here. If neither of these is a good choice, what would be?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
I have been using the T-Rex 100 watt MVB with my Greeks, and have been very happy with it. I am now looking into the Mega Ray 100 watt. I have heard good things about it. I have not yet used the Zoomed Power Sun.

Diana Stone

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wanted to let you all know my findings... I purchased the T-Rex bulb, 100W on line because no one around here carries it. That is a big bulb, it hangs below the bottom rim of my fixture. I also attended a reptile show yesterday and everyone there only had the PowerSun bulb. So I purchased one in the 100W size. This one is of normal size and does not hang below the fixture rim.
Well it appears the torts prefer the T-Rex. In the morning and after chow they all try to gather under that bulb even though I have both bulbs almost right next to each other. I can feel the difference in heat when I put my hand under them. Not a lot but just enough to make a difference to them I guess.
I was pretty disapointed in the reptile show by the way. Not many tortoises at all, mostly snakes and lizards of many sorts. But the supplies what were really cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.