Post Pictures of your Hermann's!

reatrocity

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Virginia, United States
Ahaha Senji, so adorable! My hatchling doesn't really care for tomatoes as a treat yet, so no cute tomato/tort picture! :p Hope he ends up liking them sometime.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
OMG, it was like a lion tearing apart an antelope!!!! It was kinda scary. LOL.

He's a piglet. Eats just about anything I put in front of him.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I've been wanting a Hermanns so bad for my first tort...this thread made me reconsider my "no teeny tiny fragile hatchling" policy though...TOO cute!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
ImageUploadedByTortForum1382015394.537089.jpg

Curly, aka "Piglet"

StarSapphire22 said:
I've been wanting a Hermanns so bad for my first tort...this thread made me reconsider my "no teeny tiny fragile hatchling" policy though...TOO cute!

Don't. You're smart. It's a lot of work, huge potential to have one fade and die, plus there are plenty around that will need a forever home. Just be patient and an adoptee witless come along....or post that you are looking for one, and someone with a lot of torts my be more than happy to rehome one with you. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Last edited by a moderator:

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Re: RE: Post Pictures of your Hermann's!

SenjiSandy said:
Curly, aka "Piglet"

StarSapphire22 said:

Don't. You're smart. It's a lot of work, huge potential to have one fade and die, plus there are plenty around that will need a forever home. Just be patient and an adoptee witless come along....or post that you are looking for one, and someone with a lot of torts my be more than happy to rehome one with you. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I ended up getting a 3 month old from Chris...tiny and adorable, but not quite as fragile as most hatchlings you get...he's arriving next week I think! I looked for rescues, but no one keeps torts around here.

Meet Littlefoot!
1382029358916.jpg

Attachments

• 1382029372157.jpg
    1382029372157.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 76

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
StarSapphire22 said:
SenjiSandy said:
Curly, aka "Piglet"

StarSapphire22 said:

I ended up getting a 3 month old from Chris...tiny and adorable, but not quite as fragile as most hatchlings you get...he's arriving next week I think! I looked for rescues, but no one keeps torts around here.

Meet Littlefoot!

From Chris is even better!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Thanks! :D I'm so thrilled, and Chris has been an absolute JOY to work with. I'm almost done setting up his habitat, I got the rest of his stuff today...then he comes home on Tuesday, I think. :D Expect lots of pictures!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Acquiring one from an expert breeder is also fantastic. Not only do you receive a well bred specimen and a lifetime (so to speak) of expert support, but you are also supporting those who are true ambassador a of the species; who maintain the integrity of the animal.

I just purchased a Sulcata hatchling from Tom, our resident Sulcata expert. I needed another Sulcata like I need a hole in my head (I have a 50 lb Sulcata that lives indoors), but I really wanted a hatchling, I've never raised a baby tortoise, and I was already totally set up with closed chamber, so why not! And since I'm a veterinary technician, and a tortoise rescuer, I decided that first hand knowledge of raising a baby would only benefit other babies in the future. How can I advise someone on hatchling care when I've never raised one myself?? [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Plus I love alone...no one to gripe about getting ANOTHER tortoise. I currently have 6. Four of which are Sulcata.

Tinkerbell

5 Year Member
Here's my Charlie who's 3 months ImageUploadedByTortForum1382218139.286944.jpg

Cute_Obi

5 Year Member
St. Paul, MN
My little Obi :)
The 1st picture was taken during our snuggle time :)

Attachments

• Obi10.JPG
    Obi10.JPG
    391.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Obi9.JPG
    Obi9.JPG
    478.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Obi4.JPG
    Obi4.JPG
    385 KB · Views: 69
  • Obi3.JPG
    Obi3.JPG
    675.3 KB · Views: 66

StuMac

5 Year Member
Bloorbabe said:
My new Tort Hector.. 3 years old...:D

Hector is a dead ringer for my tort Peaches!! Could pass as the same! ImageUploadedByTortForum1384437125.702574.jpg

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
cooper.jpgimage.jpgThought I would share a picture of Cooper. She is an adorable little western hermann's.

StuMac

5 Year Member
bigbeaks said:
Thought I would share a picture of Cooper. She is an adorable little western hermann's.

What's stunning tort!! and so tiny. I wish we could get a hatchling :(

StuMac

5 Year Member
So, apart from her daily soaks, I notice Peaches didn't seem to drink much. She was just getting her hydration from her food and her soaks. But I wanted to make sure she was getting enough water anyway. So I tried in various DIY stores and bargain stores to find a saucer to make a bigger pool for her. No luck! Then my dad suggested I used a spare Pyrex lid he had. So after giving it a good clean, I filled it with some tepid water, right under basking spot....and when she woke up this morning......straight into it! I put a wee treat in there to entice her, but once she gets used to climbing in I won't bother with the treats. Now I know she will bask and hydrate at the same time!!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1385110968.948794.jpg