Possible yellow spot?

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wales
This is a post on Reddit, does this look like yellow spot or is there something else that causes this kind of deterioration in the skin.

looks like the poor little guy is eating his own skin. Owner says never any yellow spots that they noticed, skin just got bad fast.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks like yellow spots to me, but seems like they usually appear on skin not protected with those big scales.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
None of the pictures I've seen look like this. And I've never heard of them biting their skin with austwickia.

This looks more like the skin will slough off.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
If it were posted here directly, we'd have been asking for additional pictures and more about the animal's history. Point of origin of the tortoise and location of the owner are important.

Tagging @mastershake for awareness.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
If it were posted here directly, we'd have been asking for additional pictures and more about the animal's history. Point of origin of the tortoise and location of the owner are important.

Tagging @mastershake for awareness.

Thanks, I did ask more questions of him but I didnt ask origin and location. I will make a note and be sure to check that in future.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
that almost looks more like some type of fungus. but its very possible it could be the bacteria as it causes necrosis from the inside out