Possible respiratory infection, help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

caricca12

5 Year Member
Okay so I have a baby leopard, probably like three months old. And just today I realized that he had bubbles coming out of his nose while he was sleeping. I think I read somewhere that this could potentially be a respiratory infection.... If so, what can I do to help my poor little guy?!

Thankssss!
-Caroline

theelectraco

5 Year Member
What are your temperatures, and what type of thermometer are using to read these temperatures? ( basking, ambient, "cool" side, night). Your temps could be too low, and if you are providing humidity (which you should) than they run the risk of becoming sick when they are cold and wet. Temps probably need to be raised, and 30 minute soaks in warm water twice a day. The water needs to stay warm for the duration of the soak, so keep an eye on water temps and add warm water as needed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Just an FYI: If, down the line, you end up taking the tortoise to the vet, some leopard tortoises are allergic to Baytril (antibiotic of choice for R.I. in tortoises).

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
I wouldnt let your temps go below 29oC for a couple of days - this will help fight off any infection. When mine woke up with bubbles coming from her nose this did the trick and they were gone the next day. Also, had it just eaten? It could be water from the food. How is it doing now? And what are your temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.