Possible pooping problem

Daveypryme

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I put my tortoise in for his morning soak. And noticed him breathing out heavy, I decided to sit in the bathroom and watch him take his soak, he usually poops while he is soaking. He would breath out heavy then pull his head in his shell and pop it back out pretty fast. He did this a few times until he started to poop. I've never noticed him do this before is he possibly constipated? I put some cucumber with his food to help if he is. I'm out of cactus pads they are on the way. I heard they help with constipation as well. I took a picture,is this normal poop? Is there anything else I could do to help? ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457285722.632655.jpg

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
Looks pretty normal to me. I wish my tortoise stools were a little firmer.

ToritheTortoise

South New Jersey
Hi, Tori just got her Sunday soak/poop time in our bath tub. Tori is also a leopard and looks just like yours!!!:)
Yes the poop looks just like hers. I too was getting scared a few weeks ago about her not pooping in a week so I started this new routine with every Sunday is soak day which also means poop day. I let her soak for 15 minutes or until I think she has pooped 2-3 times. I let the water out in between and start all over with clean warm water so she is not sitting in poopy water.:tort:

Reactions: ree

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
My RF stands up really tall and strains a little bit and makes what we call his 'poop face' - what your leopard is doing sounds normal to me.

Think about it, I doubt you keep a perfectly straight face while doing your business.

Daveypryme

Indiana
Thanks for all the responses. I was just a little worried, never really paid attention to how he poops it seemed painful. :)