Poss mouth rot?

Gennifer11

Hey guys, a couple days ago I noticed my tort Leo had a dirty mouth, he still finds poo and sometimes munches on grass roots. Hes a 2 yr old sully whose diet is soley grass and weeds.
Today I noticed some lingering spots in his mouth so I caressed him with love in order to get some videos and pics of his mouth. They definitely look like sores but I don't know if it's classified as mouth rot. The general mouth area still looks healthy. The only thing I can think of is he ate something that caused a lesion then it got infected.
Could anyone ID this and recommend what to do and how to prevent it in the future?Screenshot_20160710-115446.png Screenshot_20160710-115355.png Screenshot_20160710-115446.png

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Since you've caught it early, I would go get a professional opinion from a vet qualified to treat tortoises. It doesn't look like the mouth rot that I've seen, but you never know.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Wow, this is something I've never even thought of. Thanks for pointing this out and I'm Hoping for the best!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I wonder if it could be an injury? It seems like the spots are in the same location on opposite sides, maybe like he bit it? If you have a vet that you use I'd ask if you could email them the photos to see if they want to see him.