Portable Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannomite

5 Year Member
hi everyone,

I was curious if anyone has done anything like this or if anyone has seen something that would work for it.

What I want to do is have some sort of collapsable/portable pen for my Sulcata while she is small (for a couple years I guess). The reason I would like this is because I do a lot of outdoorsy things so it would be kind of cool if the weather was good I could bring her along so she can get more outdoors time while she is young.

Does anyone know if there is anything out there I can use for this? Something that I can collapse and put in my car...

Thanks!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
A Rubbermaid is good if you don't need a cover (or put hardware cloth and rocks on the corners). Even an inflatable pool could be an option with a little hand pump but then you'd need substrate too like the Rubbermaid. Something like Robyn showed can also be made if with minimal tools (to make some improvements and maybe make it larger as that is quite small).

Maggie has some sort of portable fencing you might ask her about. This is also good if you don't need a cover (you will be right there or when the tort is larger and the fear of birds is lessened).

One thing I would be careful of is the stress on the tort. The car trip and being placed in a new surrounding can be tough. It's better to have an outdoor enclosure they are used to because they come to think of it as their second home vs. being placed in a brand new place every time. Some torts handle it just fine and other will get stressed out (will start breathing harder, hide, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.