Poor Box Turtles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
dalano73 said:
I think the guy is very miss informed to write that the turtles are overweight and that there shell will catch up.

Exactly my thoughts. I would love to think positive and assume that we're all just jumping to mad conclusions when in reality this guy is a great keeper... But, the fact of the matter is, just his excuses and half-baked explanations in the description section screams "misinformed and doesn't want to learn otherwise."

Hopefully I'm just being cynical, but my mind won't let me give this person the benefit of the doubt, when considering what we do know for sure... :(

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
dalano73 said:
I think the guy is very miss informed to write that the turtles are overweight and that there shell will catch up.

Yes, that is true, the more I look at the video and think about it. I feel awful, you guys were right, I should not have watched the video. It is just terrible.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I learned my lesson 2wks ago when the pics of the turtles being slaughtered in India were posted... This time I DID NOT look! I can tell, judging from everyone's posts, that some sort of atrocity has been committed. Why oh why? :(

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Don't watch, at first you see they look healthy, but their shells are very messed up. Once you think about how will they grow with these shells you realize this is an atrocity. Now you don't have to watch.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
WallieTheTortoise said:
*WARNING* Link contains a video of severely deformed box turtles.

This person wrote in their description that their shells look like that because of an opossum knawed on them. I'm not a pro, but I don't think an opossum did that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqdtQq-Z7oY&feature=fvsr[hr]
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor babies!
People like that make me sick, there is no excuse.
If anyone finds out who this person is that has these tortoises, please turn them in for animal cruelty. If you don't want to let me know and pass on the info on them and I will turn them in, no matter where they live. That person should be shot!!!

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
wow . I've seen some really bad things but that is sad I have never seen one as bad as those.....

lindsay44

5 Year Member
Oh my gosh!!!!! That is so terrible. Those poor animals. I know most people were looking at those poor deformed shells but look at the feet too. Those nails are god awful

Status
Not open for further replies.