Pooping?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

graciebea

5 Year Member
Bo, my Russian tort doesn't seem to be going to the toilet much, his appetite is healthy and I bath him almost daily, which I read is supposed to help him go. Could this be an early symptom of something? I've had him almost 3 weeks (very paranoid tort owner I'm afraid!), and he is my first tortoise. Any help would be amazing, thank you!
Gracie:)

DoubleR

5 Year Member
Can anything be added to the diet like pumpkin or baby food? I know you add baby food to soaks if your concerned but am wondering the same as the OP. My leopard doesn't go every day and is now on time 2 of constipation :(

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Denver, Colorado
What kind of substrate are you using? Sand can cause their gut to get become impacted. What about your temperatures? maybe he isn't digesting the food he is eating? It is also possible hes burying the poop or eating it when you're not around.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Pooping?!

Alan RF said:
Keep up a warm soak for longer :)

I like this.

As the water cools down you can dump and refill so their bath stays warm. Sometimes a longer soak gets them going. And then once they go, they go! Lol

Sent from my TFOapp

graciebea

5 Year Member
I just soaked him for half an hour in warm water, and he done the hugest poop! So proud! Haha.
I check the temps every day and they are as they should be, I'm using soil and pellets for substrate at the moment, it's a temporary thing until I get him a tortoise table. I might start soaking him every day as opposed to every other day, could this help him?

gesha

5 Year Member
Yes . Torts love to poop n pee in water ... and I hav heard they consume this same water ...and my torts go berserk with the pooping whn I immerse them in my bucket :D

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I bet her feels soooooo much better after that big poo!! lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.