Polliwag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleigh B

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yucaipa CA
Hey everyone. I need some more frog help. I have a tree frog that I need I.D'ing. I can't get a pic cause he's always hidding but I can give a good description.

Its name is Polliwag after a pokemon: He is mostly grey with black spots like a snow leopard, seeing as their grey with black spots and a white underbelly. When looking at him in the light his legs look brown and he has sucktion-cups on his feet, so of-course he's a tree-frog. I would like it if people don't just say; "Ooh he's a tree-frog" and all, I need the Excact species name like my bullfrog which is a rana casteciana or how ever you spell it, a type of american bullfrog, so I'd be lovely if you guys could help me out and maybe also give me some tips on how to care for him, like how many times a day should I feed him, dust him, and all that stuff.

poison

5 Year Member
im just gonna say a few species and you can google it and see if its that :) spring pepper, grey tree frog, cuban tree frog, pacific tree frog (these frogs come in many different colors) and what state are you in?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
It is very likely a Gray Treefrog (Hyla versicolor/chrysoscelis). The only way you tell them apart is by call. If can post a picture we'll know for sure.

Ashleigh B

5 Year Member
Yucaipa CA
I live here in the southwestern part of california but polliwag was caught in a stream in tustain along with a newt. I'll see if I can get a pic now.

Edit: the pictures alittle coppy, I had to take a side shot cause he was hidding behind his gargolye statue. And the cage has water-stains due to having my other frog in it for a while.

Attachments

• IMG-20120813-00366.jpg
    IMG-20120813-00366.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.