Poachers to Protectors*

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico

An interesting video of chelonian conservation. Pelf, the woman heading this up, was one of the attendees of the conservation program I ran for 11 years while living on the east coast. That program I shared in one of the B-TFO posts http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/chelonian-history-iv.76245/ .

One of my needs is to feel like I am contributing to wildlife conservation. To me it's only wildlife if it's in the wild.

* "Poachers to Protectors" was the first titles that this video was filed under at YouTube. I think the title was changed as so many videos have a similar title.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's great. It's not working, the way poaching is handled in all the animal world. Changes need to be made then just trying to catch the poachers. Hopefully things like this will spread to all areas of animal poaching.
I always thought the elephant and rhino poaching could be stopped if the authorities would just humanely cut off the tusks. Sad, I know, that wild elephant and rhinos would not have tusks, but not as sad as them becoming extinct.
Thanks for sharing and hopefully their good work spreads the word world and animal wide.