PM Benjamin Netanyahu

Status
Not open for further replies.

onarock

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hawaii
Yvonne got me thinking. Let me ask this of my fellow Americans. Why is that stuff like Medicare, Social Security, Unemployment and all the rest of the IN-COUNTRY benefits/entitlements are always up for debate? Why is that we are always talking about cutting benefits to Americans whatever they may be? Why are we never debating in DC, the money we give to other countrys? Why is it that the money to them is secure, while we argue and penny pinch when it comes to helping AMERICANS. We bicker about welfare and the like, but nobody seems to care when we write checks for people in foreign countrys. Let me say this, as someone who has done more than his fare share of traveling... our tax dollars are supporting countrys that have entitlements as well.... Just think about it. We have people in government threatining to shut down government over silly, stupid, DOG and PONY SHOW ****! While we give billions to other countrys.
Sorry about that folks... I just had to say it...

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
onarock said:
Yvonne got me thinking. Let me ask this of my fellow Americans. Why is that stuff like Medicare, Social Security, Unemployment and all the rest of the IN-COUNTRY benefits/entitlements are always up for debate? Why is that we are always talking about cutting benefits to Americans whatever they may be? Why are we never debating in DC, the money we give to other countrys? Why is it that the money to them is secure, while we argue and penny pinch when it comes to helping AMERICANS. We bicker about welfare and the like, but nobody seems to care when we write checks for people in foreign countrys. Let me say this, as someone who has done more than his fare share of traveling... our tax dollars are supporting countrys that have entitlements as well.... Just think about it. We have people in government threatining to shut down government over silly, stupid, DOG and PONY SHOW ****! While we give billions to other countrys.

Actually couldn't agree with you more....but this shouldn't be a free-for-all for domestic entitlement programs.....let the new entitlement be letting us keep our money and leave it to our children without being taxed to death for being successful.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
onarock said:

And you make a VERY valid point...as I mentioned earlier, it's time for the American government to put the American people first, and cut out ALL foreign aid (not just to Israel, of course) until America is healthy again.

The countries that can't survive w/o us propping them up had better figure out how to get along... It's a tough old world and nobody's offering to prop us up..

exoticsdr said:
Actually, I think they are basing their notion on the Now, right Now Israel is there and Israel has control over lands that they took during a war that was brought upon them by outside forces....I don't believe that Israel invaded anybody to gain the extra property that compromises Palestine and the Golan...though I'm just a simple country boy from South Dakota living in the Great State of Texas. I guess, if the Egyptians, Palestinians and Syrians had known THEN what they know NOW, they wouldn't have gone to war with Israel in the first place.

Israel's government has been acting like a little bully towards the Palestinians because they knew that America would back their play...w/o us, it'll be, at best, a level playing field...

four-panel-map.jpg

If the Israeli government can even work out a peace settlement w/ Hamas at this late date, they better plan to eat a little crow, and pray that Hamas is better at being humanitarians than the Israeli government has been.

Or start looking at Utah.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
B K said:
onarock said:
Absolutely!!

emysemys said:
With our national budget situation, I think we should quite giving money to ANY foreign country.

I agree pull all our troops out then stop the welfare

love a good respectful debate thank you but have 4 surgeries tomorrow good night

hi, good luck with your surgery! lindy

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
onarock said:

Rock for president!!

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't hang on to the Sinai Peninsula during that war, but that's a different debate.

What did Utah do? MY parents have a lot of land there. I'm all for giving them something like Guam or St. Thomas. Doesn't need to be a state.

I also enjoyed Netanyahu turning down Obama's request to go back to the pre-war borders. His response should have been: "Mr Obama, we believe that the United States should go back to it's pre-1959 borders, so that Hawaii would not have been a state, and you would not be president."

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
TylerStewart said:
I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't hang on to the Sinai Peninsula during that war, but that's a different debate.

What did Utah do? MY parents have a lot of land there. I'm all for giving them something like Guam or St. Thomas. Doesn't need to be a state.

I also enjoyed Netanyahu turning down Obama's request to go back to the pre-war borders. His response should have been: "Mr Obama, we believe that the United States should go back to it's pre-1959 borders, so that Hawaii would not have been a state, and you would not be president."

Just thought it'd a be a win/win/win for the Israelis, Utah and the United States. The Israeli wouldn't be surrounded & outnumbered by a lot of folks who prefer they not be breathing (w/ some legitimate reasons), Utah could use a fresh influx of smarter-than-average folks, and America could stop spending way too much $$$, that She can not afford, considering how our economy is, to to continue propping up Israel...

So, it'd be a win/win/win, I'm thinking.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I understand the thought of them getting a new piece of land, I just wouldn't think a landlocked state like Utah would be something useful to them. They have a big navy, and an island would work well. There are territories we have that don't really do much, like the ones I mentioned. Not that any of this would happen, anyways. The location they are currently in is the one they want and want to defend.

I'm all for cutting spending to countries that we give aid to, I just don't think Israel is the biggest problem. Regardless of the dollar amounts, when another major world war breaks out (and it will), Israel is one you want on your side. There are many other countries we help that would not be on our side, or that would offer no assistance in a major war or event.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
TylerStewart said:
I understand the thought of them getting a new piece of land, I just wouldn't think a landlocked state like Utah would be something useful to them. They have a big navy, and an island would work well. There are territories we have that don't really do much, like the ones I mentioned. Not that any of this would happen, anyways. The location they are currently in is the one they want and want to defend.

Unfortunately, they can't defend themselves w/o America backing their play...they're like a little dog starting a fight, with the big dog waiting there to protect them (much like my wife's chihuahua/pomeranian mix, starting stuff then running beneath my Great Dane's legs, yapping to his adversary)...America can't afford to protect Israel much longer, and the Israeli government has treated their neighhbors pretty shabbily, as well as screwing over the rightful indigenous people of Palestine (refer to that chart I put up a few posts ago)...not smart.

And, when America can no longer protect Israel, it will get bloody... there's 6-7 million Israelis and approx. 300 million who are hostile to them.

I'm all for cutting spending to countries that we give aid to, I just don't think Israel is the biggest problem. Regardless of the dollar amounts, when another major world war breaks out (and it will), Israel is one you want on your side. There are many other countries we help that would not be on our side, or that would offer no assistance in a major war or event.

Respectful;ly disagree that Israel will be much of an assett when the chips are down...no more so than my wife's chihuahua/pomeranian mix would be an assett were my Dane to get into a fight with another.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I don't feel that they're starting any fights any more than they are retaliating for constant attack from other places and people. They get rockets lobbed over there all the time.

They also have the 11th most powerful military in the world; more powerful than North & South Korea, Canada, Mexico, Pakistan, Italy, Iran, Australia, and many other seemingly strong countries, militarily. Just sayin'! :)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
TylerStewart said:
I don't feel that they're starting any fights any more than they are retaliating for constant attack from other places and people. They get rockets lobbed over there all the time.

They also have the 11th most powerful military in the world; more powerful than North & South Korea, Canada, Mexico, Pakistan, Italy, Iran, Australia, and many other seemingly strong countries, militarily. Just sayin'! :)

With all due respect:

You're looking at this from a Euro-centric point of view, I'm looking at this from an Indigenous Ameriican's point of view.

The European invaders have treated the indigenous Palestinians very much like the earlier European invaders treated my own ancestors.

Remember how that worked out? Lots of butchery from both sides, because the Europeans considered, both then and now, that it was their "God-given right" to take away the indigenous inhabitant's land/rights...because the Europeans decided that they "deserved" the land, because they were "superior".

And all because some other Europeans decided, after WWII, that they didn't want Jews to return to their European homes.

Those that don't learn from History are doomed to repeat it.

wosman

5 Year Member
momo said:
hi, i also think hes one sharp guy.very smart man. they need people like that over there. i dont know how they all make it thru a day there. scary stuff. real stuff, not like that old fart and the end of his world!'lol' sorry, lindy

You must be kidding me. The guy is a sociopath. He is promoting a continued apartheid in a region that doesn't need it.

This isn't merely opinion..it is fact. Several israelis (including ariel sharon) have been charged with war crimes from the international tribunal. Netenyahu continues to promote the building of settlements in occupied land in the west band and continued occupation of east jerusalem. Again, not debatable, these borders were set in place by the UN, and Israel continues to ignore them. The Israeli government's complete disregard for international law and basic human morality is appalling.

I was talking to someone about this before and we noticed that israelis seem to support their government tooth and nail. I have never met any other people on this planet that supported EVERYTHING their government did. The propaganda is ridiculous.

edit: guess i was wrong about the last thing: http://palestinenote.com/blogs/news/archive/2010/09/09/jewish-actor-defends-settlement-boycott.aspx
Although now there are groups boycotting the man who boycotts the settlements

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
wosman said:
momo said:
hi, i also think hes one sharp guy.very smart man. they need people like that over there. i dont know how they all make it thru a day there. scary stuff. real stuff, not like that old fart and the end of his world!'lol' sorry, lindy

You must be kidding me. The guy is a sociopath. He is promoting a continued apartheid in a region that doesn't need it.

This isn't merely opinion..it is fact. Several israelis (including ariel sharon) have been charged with war crimes from the international tribunal. Netenyahu continues to promote the building of settlements in occupied land in the west band and continued occupation of east jerusalem. Again, not debatable, these borders were set in place by the UN, and Israel continues to ignore them. The Israeli government's complete disregard for international law and basic human morality is appalling.

I was talking to someone about this before and we noticed that israelis seem to support their government tooth and nail. I have never met any other people on this planet that supported EVERYTHING their government did. The propaganda is ridiculous.

edit: guess i was wrong about the last thing: http://palestinenote.com/blogs/news/archive/2010/09/09/jewish-actor-defends-settlement-boycott.aspx
i am not kidding. i think that region has many SOCIOPATHS on both sides. it must be the scarriest place to live. lindy

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
momo said:
wosman said:
momo said:

i am not kidding. i think that region has many SOCIOPATHS on both sides. it must be the scarriest place to live. lindy

One side does something horrible, then the other side retaliates...repeat ad nauseum...

I always found it most ironic how much the Israeli government learned, from Nazi Germany, about treating the (Palestinian) under-dogs, and how much the Israeli government chooses to ignore from those same lteachers...

The common Israeli and Palestinian working class heroes, who just want to have a good life for their wives and families, would likely all get along just fine if their respective governments would knock off the hatred-du-jour. :(

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Terry Allan Hall said:
momo said:
wosman said:
momo said:

One side does something horrible, then the other side retaliates...repeat ad nauseum...

I always found it most ironic how much the Israeli government learned, from Nazi Germany, about treating the (Palestinian) under-dogs, and how much the Israeli government chooses to ignore from those same lteachers...

The common Israeli and Palestinian working class heroes, who just want to have a good life for their wives and families, would likely all get along just fine if their respective governments would knock off the hatred-du-jour. :(
i agree. messed up lives for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.