Plz help :( (spots on shell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric2013

5 Year Member
Hello I wonder if anyone can help, I was holding my little eric today and noticed something not right with his shell :( I will post a pic, what is this and has anybody else had this problem :(

image-1782279759.png

eric2013

5 Year Member
RE: Plz help :(

Really sorry, the white type spots in the middle? That's y I'm posting a pic as didn't know if I'm making something outta nothing xxx

Spn785

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
RE: Plz help :(

I think (though I am far from being an expert) that you are making something out of nothing, but hopefully someone more knowledgable than myself will help you.

rfranklin

5 Year Member
I could be wrong but I think that is just the new growth. My tortoise has the same thing. I dont think its anything to worry about.

eric2013

5 Year Member
Ok that's brill I'm just keeping an eye on it if it spreads or gets worse i will take him to the vet but otherwise he is healthy and happy, thank you all for ur help xxxx

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
San Jose, CA
Nothing to worry about now. You will see if your tortoise is not healthy, i.e. it becomes lethargic, stops eating, etc. then you'd need to worry.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
The pic's color cast is so off-green (flourescent light does that to pics unless you use the right filter) it's hard to see anything out of the ordinary...take it out into the sun, set you camera's color selector to either "sun" or "automatic" and retake the pic.

Most likely, it's just new growth to the scales' edges if it's a bone-white, but retake the pic, just to be sure.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok...I THINK I see what you're talking about. You mean the lighter discoloration in the middle of the tort at the top edge of the black scutes? I'm really not familiar with Hermann's tortoises, but I THINK this is just his pattern coloration.

eric2013

5 Year Member
It's right in the middle there are little white circles near the black part of his shell, xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.