PLS HELP PLS HELP !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I'm in a small panic....

I found a turtle. I'm thinking its a terrapin, but i could be wrong. You all know me, I have Tallula madam. I live in Dubai, so it's definitely NOT a natural habitat I found this baby in. I was walking Yoda, and was strange, cos I'm not usually walking him at the time that I was. And this cleaner was sweeping leaves, on the sidewalk. In the vicinity of a MAN made lake, but not too close. The cleaner screamed, seeing the turtle. So weird that I was walking by just then !!!

Im SUPER late for work !!! I'm taking Turtle with me to work, in a big tupperare. Have no time to get food, but can get from pet store at lunch.
I need to figure out if i should put Turtle back, or if I should take it to a vet/rescue.

It's body is striped, kinda mint green stripes. About the size of my palm, just a little smaller. The shell is dark, but has very faint stripes on too.

I don't THINK I should put her back, even though there is a lake, there are so many birds etc.....

What do i do !!!!!

P.S will take my camera to office, take pics for you !

Ok, only safe option I have - taking Turtle to the exotics vet, down the road from my work.
I called them, and they said they can release Turtle into a lake, but I'm not sure what to do, I can't keep him here, he's driving me mad, trying to get out of the tupperware.

I want to save him - so best I can do is take it to the vet?!?!??!!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Google is amazing !!!!

What I have with me is a Red Eared Slider !!!!

You won't believe it !!

I found a turtle rescue project !!! BUT its a SEA turtle rescue !!!!!!! I called them, and they suggested that I take Turtle to a pet store, where he can find a good home. But, how do I know he'll be getting a good home? The guy did say he doesn't think its a good idea to release him into a lake, as its been reaching 48/ 50 degrees Celsius lately.
I don't know what to do !!!!

Treebon

5 Year Member
Boston
Well unless you plan on keeping him yourself then it is probably best to get him to a pet store. A rescue in your area would be ideal, but it doesn't seem like you have one around. You could also try raising him yourself, perhaps it was fate that brought you guys together. Either way you have to get him near water soon as I don't think they can be out of water for that long. It has been a long while since I owned one so I can't really remember, but maybe one of the more experienced slider owners can help you out.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks so much for your reply :) I was beginning to feel rather despondent haha.
You don't have to worry, I have him in a massive plastic tub of fresh water.

I honestly cannot keep him, I wish I could, but I have Tallula and I have a very high maintenance/high energy puppy. I do feel like it was meant to be that I came across this little guy, but I think it's just because God knows I know a bit about reptiles and that I know turtle people !!! Anyone else would have just put him back into the lake, where he'd probably fry :(

I feel terrible taking him to the pet store, as I know for a fact many don't really give out the correct info. I've passed on correct info before, but never heard back regarding things.

Anyway, I think if I cant find a home for him by lunch time, I'll take him to a pet store, I know of one where there are red ears there.

Stazz

5 Year Member
FOUND A HOME FOUND A HOME FOUND A HOME !!!!

I took a long shot and announced I found a turtle, him/her, on my facebook status !!!
Well a friend Greg called me, gave me a girl called Kim's number. I called Kim. She used to have Red Ears and they gave them to this British family in an area here with BIG gardens ! So, she gave me Steve's number...who has a MASSIVE pond, LOADS of shade, and has 4 other red ear sliders !! They are given 100% TLC form the family. HOW FANTASTIC !!!!! I am in tears typing this, I feel so relieved, and just know I was meant to find this little one. I've named him Sav, as in Saved :)
Thank you God. Sheesh, I never prayed so hard in my life !!

Treebon

5 Year Member
Boston
Very good news, I'm glad everything turned out okay for this little slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.