Please tell me ages of my torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Can you take pictures of each tortoise? (Top,bottom and side view) I'm sure that would help the more experienced people here.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
I would guess they are all between a couple months to a year old. Its impossible to know age for sure without a hatch date as tortoises can grow at different rates.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Cute video and I think you will learn a lot of great information on this site. It's easy to see that they are well-loved. My african torts here need quite a bit of humidity and is achieved through the correct substrate, temps, humid hide box and daily sprays. It looks like the African and Asian torts are housed together...is that correct? I agree with Jeffbenson on the age of the torts. A great tool on this site is going back through past threads to learn a lot as well. You can search threads by entering in key words to learn more information.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! I have some questions: what are you using for substrate? I also wonder if you might be better off if you could also add in a humid hide for them. Perhaps tho it is just off camera.:cool:

I see you just got the one group last week, were they already all together when you got them? I myself don't like to mix species, but that is for you to decide, but I would suggest reading up on why we suggest no mixing.

They are a beautiful bunch of youngsters.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I was thinking in the 9 month range...depending on how they were raised from hatchling to now! I'd like to see a COMPLETE rundown of everything! What do you feed them? How hot? How humid? Indoors or out? You get the idea;)

Status
Not open for further replies.