PLEASE READ (turtle key chains in China)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Ikr. Petition who...China?! Cripes! They dangle dogs by their necks w/feet touching ground so they die slow so they taste better.
Off to vomit now as I alway get nauseous when referring to China's horrid cultural habits.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I really did give a lot of thought to allowing this thread to stay open.

Please everyone:

Let's don't get into a big finger pointing, bad mouthing of the Chinese and their culture. I'm sure we do stuff here that is offensive to other countries too.

At the first sign of offensive talk towards the Chinese, I'm going to delete this thread.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Even if 6.6 million Americans sign an online petition, it would not do anything. This is an issue with animal welfare laws in another country where we have no jurisdiction. I'm sure HSUS and PETA have contacted the right people, but let's face it folks: that country is going to have to change some things within itself. We or any other country can't just overstep our bounds.

And to be honest, its like anything else over here. As long as ignorant people still buy the things, they will still sell them. Sadly, the culture over there in general [this is not stereotypical - it is truth] does not value animal life like other first world countries do.

So go put your name down on some petition if it makes you feel good. But mark my words: it will do nothing to save these turtles.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
I saw this on Facebook before. It's sad. And a person can't really blame "China" as a whole. It's the specific merchants that take advantage of people who don't know any better. It's unfortunate.

StudentoftheReptile said:
Even if 6.6 million Americans sign an online petition, it would not do anything. This is an issue with animal welfare laws in another country where we have no jurisdiction. I'm sure HSUS and PETA have contacted the right people, but let's face it folks: that country is going to have to change some things within itself. We or any other country can't just overstep our bounds.

This is what I was thinking too. We can't forcibly do anything.

AlishaT

5 Year Member
Frustrating and sad but like its been said, this is an in country issue.