Please Read (skin peeling?)

DrSpurred

Location (City and/or State)
Lambertville, NJ USA
So my Sulcata Tortoise skin is very dark and it looks like its peeling off and underneath you can see very baige colored skin. What is this??

DrSpurred

Lambertville, NJ USA
Yup! The skin was just stained by your substrate(coco coir I’m guessing), and the new skin coming in is the normal color. Nothing to be afraid of :)
Your baby is looking great!
Phewwww. And yes Coco Fiber Substrate I got from Repticon lol. Will it continue to stain?

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Your tortoise does seem very small for his age.
But for one thing, those two tortoises are not being cared for properly. They are being housed together, and are pyramided. I would guess that they are a lot older than one.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You have a normal looking baby, but do you see the big notch forming in-between the scutes? That is the start of pyramiding. This baby needs longer soak, high humidity, warm temps, and frequent shell spraying to halt the pyramiding in progress.

DrSpurred

Lambertville, NJ USA
Your tortoise does seem very small for his age.
But for one thing, those two tortoises are not being cared for properly. They are being housed together, and are pyramided. I would guess that they are a lot older than one.
Im not quite sure how old the darker ones are. That photo is from a guy who offered them to me for a ridiculous price. Like 300 a piece.