please post pics of Radiata enclosures, indoor & outdoor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Charleston, SC
I keep my radiated in pretty simple conditions. Its a vision tub with eucalyptus mulch.

Attachments

• Tortoise tub1.jpg
    Tortoise tub1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 194

RichardS

5 Year Member
Charleston, SC
I soak the tortoise daily and the bedding is deep enough that it can easily bury. I keep a ceramic heat bulb set to 84 - 87 depending on the time of the day. This provides a nice gradient to the other corner of the tub.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
RichardS said:
I soak the tortoise daily and the bedding is deep enough that it can easily bury. I keep a ceramic heat bulb set to 84 - 87 depending on the time of the day. This provides a nice gradient to the other corner of the tub.

It's funny Richard.....I was going to ask why don't you have a hide as well....but I realized that I don't have a hide for my radiata anymore....hahahaha. I do something similar.....I provide enough substrate for mine to bury. I use some mulch/peat moss mix but I also have a part where there is a lot of spagnum moss for them to hide under.

RichardS

5 Year Member
Charleston, SC
I was actually thinking of adding one again for humidity. I think when it was younger I was paranoid about giving it enough UVB. I recently switched to T-8 bulbs, which I really like. I'm thinking of getting a bigger tub later this year too. Norman, what size tub/table do you use?

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I am not sure what size....but I use a really big tub but I house 5 yearlings in one and a 4 year old in another tub. I got the biggest tupperwares from home depot...they are about $20 and they are grey.

I add the spagnum moss for humidity. I don't stress too much about UVB (I don't think bulbs are that effective)......that being said, my tortoises get plenty of outside sun. If I lived somewhere that I couldn't give them adequate sun, then I would resort to a light bulb.

Project Reef

5 Year Member
Right now for my yearling I'm just using a large wooden wine box I got from Wine Exchange. Apprx 20" x 15" footprint...
a 50w cermaic heat lamp on at night and a 50w lamp on during daylight hours, some organic soil and cypress mulch at the bottom, river stone pebbles and a tile where the food goes.

Project Reef

5 Year Member
Here's a pic of lil' Georgey, she's a female but still looked like a Georgey to me.

Attachments

• lilgeorgey.jpg
    lilgeorgey.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 118

Kristina

5 Year Member
Cadillac, Michigan
AWWWWWWW!!!

I can have?

LOL.

I say that to every baby tort that gets posted on the forum ;) I wants them, I wants them all!!! Mwooohahahahah! :D

RichardS

5 Year Member
Charleston, SC
TortieLuver said:
Just curious...what's the size of yours? Hard for me to see in pics. Thanks

40" x 26" x 11" the light fixture is 48"

The tortoise is about 6"

Attachments

• tortoise ruler1.jpg
    tortoise ruler1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 105