please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdangers2000

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i think my tortoise is dead. he was only 10. it has been 2 days today but no rigomortis. is he dead ? im not sure. cant take him to vet cuz not sposed to have him. he is endangered

djdangers2000

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
djdangers2000 said:
i think my tortoise is dead. he was only 10. it has been 2 days today but no rigomortis. is he dead ? im not sure. cant take him to vet cuz not sposed to have him. he is endangered
cmon people anyone there ?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
A little more info would be needed. Can you post a pic? What are his temps in his enclosure?

djdangers2000

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
JustAnja said:
A little more info would be needed. Can you post a pic? What are his temps in his enclosure?

he does not have tank
i let him free roam. his 1 eyeball is sunk in and other is closed. talked to petco and thay said he may be hybernating. put him in warm water. if he is hybernating wouldnt he still move? geeting pics

djdangers2000

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
here he is african spur tortoise

Attachments

• tortoise.bmp
    56.3 KB · Views: 38

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
What are the temps where he is free roaming. What were you feeding him? Have you soaked him yet? Was he inside or outside?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
When you pick him up is there any response? Does his head and neck have any ridigity? Can you move his legs or does he resist?

djdangers2000

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Itort said:
When you pick him up is there any response? Does his head and neck have any ridigity? Can you move his legs or does he resist?

nothing. no response. i can freely move his legs and his head...

djdangers2000

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
jenrell23 said:
What are the temps where he is free roaming. What were you feeding him? Have you soaked him yet? Was he inside or outside?
the room temp is around 70...but he tends to stay near the door so it's probably colder there. yeah I soaked him.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
African Sulcatas DO NOT hibernate. They are not endangered so please take him to a vet immediately.

*why does this seem like a possible troll to me?

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
If that is true, what a sick joke. Horrible!!!! Make me sick!!!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I dont know for sure it is/was, but is sure smells funny to me.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
He's dead as is this thread as far as I'm concerned. I may sound harsh but if this is a serious thread, we're here to help.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Have you called a vet yet??? As Anja said Sulcatas are not endangered and a vet would be able to help.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
The people on this site truly care about Chelonians and some dedicate there lives to the enhancement and enrichment of these wonderful reptiles. Perhaps if you spend some time researching information about Chelonians you probably wouldn’t have started the Post at all. Most owners know if their tort has died. They know that Sulcatas are not endangered and/or know a vet or vet tech could tell them if it died, for nothing. Most owners also know if their torts hibernate.

If you actually owned a tort and have done no research, shame on you. If this is some kind of sick joke, Shame on you. Either way you need to spend some time on this wonderful thing called the internet and do something worth while with it and your time.

If I sound harsh, I am sorry, but this just sounds off to me. If you are truly an ex-owner then I am sorry for your loss. And I suggest you do lots of research as to what happened and why.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
There's nothing here to indicate this is a joke so let's not jump to conclusions.
djdangers2000, I'll reiterate, if your animal is unresponsive you should take him to a vet as soon as possible. We cannot tell you much without physically seeing the animal.
If you need help with anything else, like finding a vet, you can email me direct at [email protected]
For now, I will be locking this thread because of the knee-jerk response.

Status
Not open for further replies.