Please help what is this and how do I treat it

Van1sh3d

Location (City and/or State)
Gillett pa
So I bought a baby Redfoot tortoise about a week ago at a reptile show and when we bought him he had a little bit of white on his scutes but we thought it was just him being dried out but I’ve been soaking him everyday before he eats he’s in a tank with 75 to 80% humidity and about 80 degrees and it’s been spreading and I’m not sure what to do. I would post a picture but it keep giving me an error.

Van1sh3d

Gillett pa
How large is he/she?
Is it a Cherryhead?
Is the white on the top of the shell or the bottom?
If the white is on the bottom, smear some ATHLETES FOOT fungal cream on the areas. It kills fungus quickly and safely
It is in the top of the shell he/she is about 2 months old at most and isn’t a red foot not cherry head

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Fungus on top of the shell is unusual. But let's assume that it's a slight fungal issue....Because it's pretty common with Redfoot.
Get a tube of Athletes foot cream. Any of it should work. And apply some to the area once a day for a few to ten days.
Hopefully we'll be able to post photos by then.
It might be something else, but it's likely something just as easy to fix.

Van1sh3d

Gillett pa

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It was on him before we got him tho, he had it on him when we bought him
I've never seen it before.
I thought I'd be able to identify it.
Get you some Athletes foot cream in the meantime. Even the Dollar Store brand. The good thing about it is that it quickly cures fungus...And if it isn't fungus, the cream does no damage.

Van1sh3d

Gillett pa
I've never seen it before.
I thought I'd be able to identify it.
Get you some Athletes foot cream in the meantime. Even the Dollar Store brand. The good thing about it is that it quickly cures fungus...And if it isn't fungus, the cream does no damage.
Yeah he’s really healthy he’s got no cuts or anything he’s eating well it’s just weird how it was on him and now it’s spreading