Please Help Me (need Russian info, please)

Bogulius

Location (City and/or State)
Kaunas Lietuva
Hello for my a 1st timer 1 ap is very helpful for his diet just search (tortoise table) for his food and keep the water bowl the tortoise gets most of the water from food all the food problems will be answered by the ap ?
Well I was too late

Coraleaf0

Washinton
I've learned her potty habits. She (and apparently a lot of torts) tends to go pee/poo right after I tube feed her hydration or in her daily soaks (she gets a brief one in the afternoon when I'd get home from work and rt after I tubed her, and a long one after her dinner at night).

Also, if u look at the pics, I always hold her on doggie pee pads and I fold it around her in a certain way so that the torrent of pee doesn't run right out. She sits quietly in her pad unless she goes. Then, if I don't hear it as she's going, she starts stirring around and I know.
Ah, i see. She’s not squirmy whenever you take her out? My torts are very squirmy, especially one of them (Leopard) but that makes sense as the enclosure is too small and I’m looking to make a better one. Also, what is tube feeding?

Sa Ga

MN
Ah, i see. She’s not squirmy whenever you take her out? My torts are very squirmy, especially one of them (Leopard) but that makes sense as the enclosure is too small and I’m looking to make a better one. Also, what is tube feeding?
She was when I first got her--and sometimes she still is, but not much anymore. When she is, I either let her walk on me till she's ready to settle down, or I put her back.

Tube feeding is using a syringe and a special feeding needle (from vet) to give her food/hydration directly to her stomach. Because she does not drink enough on her own, and soaks only do so much, I have to tube hydrate her 2-3x per day.

20200425_144914.jpg

Coraleaf0

Washinton
She was when I first got her--and sometimes she still is, but not much anymore. When she is, I either let her walk on me till she's ready to settle down, or I put her back.

Tube feeding is using a syringe and a special feeding needle (from vet) to give her food/hydration directly to her stomach. Because she does not drink enough on her own, and soaks only do so much, I have to tube hydrate her 2-3x per day.

View attachment 292356
Oh wow, how would I know if this is necessary for my torts?

Viola B

5 Year Member
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Hello Lindsey, and welcome to this forum. It has so much wonderful information to help you get on the right foot with caring for your tortoise. I see you are from Idaho, I am also. It would be best for your tortoise to have a larger enclosure, it really needs it. Russians may be be small but they need to have lots of room to walk around to help them digest their food. What part of Idaho are you from? I'm in eastern Idaho.

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Oh wow, how would I know if this is necessary for my torts?
You probably won't need to do that, as her Morla is special and had an ongoing issue. But you would know if your tortoises' poop or pee was weirdly colored for a very long time, or there was something different in behavior, or there was just something that required vet attention. Then, after a trip to the vet, they'd be able to tell you if anything is wrong and what is required.