please help me name my tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Hi everyone, I need help naming my tortoise. I have had it for almost two months and I still don't have a name for it. I have considered several names and I think that out of the names I have thought of these two might be my favorites: Freckles or Dandi. Please comment on what name you think is better or feel free to come up with one of your own. I am open to suggestions. My husband thinks I should keep calling it tort c. I am not too keen on that one, though. Please post with a name or tell me which one you like better. Thank you so much with your help on this. View attachment 28317View attachment 28318View attachment 28319View attachment 28320name.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

rickyn0792

5 Year Member
slidell, la
RE: please help

Ricky bobby because race car lol (random)

I name mine Spartacus cause it'll kick my other sulcata off its food dish the other tortoise is Bowie but gl on finding a name

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
I like freckles because his neck has different shades of colors so it's like freckles :) or how about since he will be gigantic name him Gigantor so it will be a cute name now n fitting as an adult?

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Q's Tortie, I like Gigantor, that is really funny. I don't know if I like it as much for a girl, though. I don't know what it is but it looks like a girl to me, hahaha:)

rickyn0792, Thanks for the input. I appreciate your idea an the good wishes for finding a name.

StudentoftheReptile, That is a cute name. I like it quite well. I will run it by my kids and see what they think.

Any other votes or suggestions? All are appreciated and liked.:)

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Mark, thanks for the list. I have read it and was wondering what other suggestions there are or what others thought of my ideas. I appreciate your help.:)

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
I think you should change "tort c" to "Tortsy." It reminds me of twin baby chimps born at Sunset Zoo. They referred to them as T-1 & T-2 (twin 1 & twin 2) for so long that their names became Teeoney and Teetoo. :)

My daughter suggests the name "PP Zoom Zoom"

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Shellysmom, I love your suggestion, I might just take your suggestion. So cute!:)

I still would love more opinions. I am all about options. Thanks:)

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Modesto (Northern) California
Honu kaikunâne is Hawaiian for tortoise girl. Or you could just shorten it to kaiku (kī-ē-kū). Don't mind me, I love Hawaiian names. My first girls name would have been kaliah. But I had all boys!! Lol.

jpmcclure said:
Honu kaikunâne is Hawaiian for tortoise girl. Or you could just shorten it to kaiku (kī-ē-kū). Don't mind me, I love Hawaiian names. My first girls name would have been kaliah. But I had all boys!! Lol.

And I'm proud to say I'm 1/16th Hawaiian. Hee Hee.

jpmcclure said:

And I'm proud to say I'm 1/16th Hawaiian. Hee Hee.

Or you can take my first girls name. Lol. I'll stop now. Good luck. (My first thought was tortsie also but there's another great mind on here ;)

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
jpmcclure, I like your Hawaiian names. I lived in Hawaii for three years and am familiar with a few Hawaiian names. I will run them by my family and see what they think. Thanks.
TheTortoiseWhisperer, that is a great name. It is very creative, thank you.
Biff Malibu, I am kind of looking for a unisex name but I will take all suggestions under consideration. Thanks:)

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Thanks apease2. Charlie is a cute name. I will see what my kids think.
Chaz is a name full of character. Thanks karleyreed.
Thanks for all the suggestions to everyone who posted. I am still undecided as to a name so keep the suggestions coming. :)

karleyreed

5 Year Member
Or seen as some one suggested before that your tort would get big, what about Goliath? Seen as that was a giant in Greek mythology.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Goliath is a fun name from the Bible, as in David and Goliath. I had never thought of that one. It is definitely a great name, except for the fact that he was evil.:D

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Are we still trying to name this tortoise? Actually, looking back at it, I really like the name Freckles. It's cute for a little guy, and would be funny when s/he gets bigger.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Shellysmom, I also like Freckles. I think it is cute and sort of fitting for the "freckles" on its neck, My daughter has decided on a name for it, though. She really likes tortc. This was originally my tortoise, but after my daughter's constant begging and being responsible for her box turtle and guinea pig, I have let her get the tortoise from me. She adores it and thinks that tortc is a great name. So, thank you for all of your suggestions and for helping us name our tortoise.:)

I just realized, it was you, Shellysmom that came up with the name for this tortoise. :D My daughter read through the posts and thought tortsy was awesome but wanted it more unique and so the spelling is tortc. Thank you for helping to name her tortoise:)

Thanks jpmcclure because you also suggested tortsie. Such a cute name. I also liked it immediately. My daughter fell in love with it and wants me to thank both of you.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.