Please help identify my tortoise!

Sea-purpose

Location (City and/or State)
Quebec Canada
I was sold this tortoise as a Marrocan Greek. I have looked at a lot of pictures and don’t see any which look quite like her. I find some similarities in Russians but she has too many claws on the front legs.. she’s apparently a. Few years old and 7.5”
Any one able to help so I can make sure she has the proper husbandry?
Thanks in advance!B1D6755F-60CE-4ECD-B1B0-265B00D66753.jpeg

Attachments

• 5A7B7BF3-694E-4728-A255-E7A12EEF00CB.jpeg
    5A7B7BF3-694E-4728-A255-E7A12EEF00CB.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19

TeamZissou

Location (City and/or State)
Albuquerque, NM
Welcome to the forum. I agree that she looks Moroccan. Your tortoise seems to have more black coloring that what you usually see with this species, but it's possible that it could become more yellow over time. The black patches on the plastron are also much larger. This page by @HermanniChris suggests hybridization with Testudo graeca ibera may have occurred in some places due to them being mixed up in shipments. With Hermann's tortoises, some hybrids have larger patches of black on the plastron than is typical, so that may be similar to what you have. I don't know enough to be able to confidently say if this is a hybrid. Here's a link to more info on Moroccan (and Ibera) Greeks:

Either way, here's care/husbandry info for your Greek tortoise:

Your tort could also use a beak trim as the upper jaw is overgrown. You can do this yourself with a Dremel or large nail clippers, or you could take it to an experienced vet to have it trimmed. There are a few threads on the forum that detail how to do this. The risk in not doing it is that the beak can crack and become a bigger problem.

conservation

10 Year Member!
It looks to be a Moroccan Tortoise. I have similarly marked individuals.