Please help I need to know if this is normal for a Hermann tortoise...

Camery

Location (City and/or State)
Wyoming
image.jpgimage.jpgMy tortoise has white spots and one of them is like shell peeling and this is my first time ever seeing that he is very active. I am not sure about he’s age but I know for sure that he is less then 2 years old he seems fine but I am not sure if he is.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You don't have a Hermann's tortoise. You have a Russian tortoise. Most of them for sale are wild caught, and the damage you are seeing is likely from its former life in the wild.

Also, most of the care info for this species, advice from pet stores, and products sold for them are all wrong. Here is the correct care info:

Questions are welcome.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
You are welcome on this site, and already started getting the best possible advice!!! Good luck.

Camery

Wyoming
thank you so much!!!!
You don't have a Hermann's tortoise. You have a Russian tortoise. Most of them for sale are wild caught, and the damage you are seeing is likely from its former life in the wild.

Also, most of the care info for this species, advice from pet stores, and products sold for them are all wrong. Here is the correct care info:

Questions are welcome.
thank you!!!