PLEASE HELP!! (eye problem)

mastershake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
IF u will keep him indoor u need the proper uv and its not the bulb u have u need a tube style t5 and a hood to hang over his setup I would recc a 36" tube for a 5+ ft space. I do agree with others though he should be living outside by now and I don't mean at all to sound rude.

Lennythetort

Arcadia
IF u will keep him indoor u need the proper uv and its not the bulb u have u need a tube style t5 and a hood to hang over his setup I would recc a 36" tube for a 5+ ft space. I do agree with others though he should be living outside by now and I don't mean at all to sound rude.
I appreciate the help unfortunately we are looking for a new home for him I really don’t want to because I am really attached but I have to put what’s best for him and make sure he goes to a happy home where he can roam a big yard and gets everything he needs.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
i totally understand but you are doing the right thing for him. its a very hard decision to make and doing that proves just how much you do love him. if you were closer to us id be happy to have him here at our sanctuary but we are in florida.

Lennythetort

Arcadia
i totally understand but you are doing the right thing for him. its a very hard decision to make and doing that proves just how much you do love him. if you were closer to us id be happy to have him here at our sanctuary but we are in florida.
Oh wow! Do you have some advice for me in what to look for in a new owner? Like obviously it would be nice if they have other tortoise so I know they know what they’re doing or questions I can ask? I just want him going to the best home he can be in ?? And definitely I’d like to still visit him once and awhile

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
@KarenSoCal do you happen to have any suggestions for where @Lennythetort might find a foster home for his sulcata? It's hard being on the other side of the country, and I'm not positive what other members are in the southern California area.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
@KarenSoCal do you happen to have any suggestions for where @Lennythetort might find a foster home for his sulcata? It's hard being on the other side of the country, and I'm not positive what other members are in the southern California area.

I wish I had an outdoor area...I would foster him. But I just don't have what's needed.

Anyone who has their own torts has to be able to quarantine. But you could ask Will of Kapidolo Farms. He is in the vicinity of San Diego. And you could ask Tom. He's in Santa Clarita.

If I think of anyone else, I'll let you know.