Plastron question

Dc92

Location (City and/or State)
Norfolk
Hi. I have attached a picture of my tortoises plastron. I have a very fussy tortoise and am
Always worrying I don’t look after them properly (big debate in my house over it being a girl or a boy!).There is some faint black marks at the top and bottom of my tortoise’s underside and some red around outside. My question is do these black marks look normal (the fainter ones at the top and bottom)? I have shown the shell 966FBDD1-C706-406A-912A-3B4DE29BB1DF.jpegC37246C6-2841-403E-977B-FC723C4B5044.jpegas well in case anyone wants to see this. Thanks!

Last edited:

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Balto. MD
Hi. I have attached a picture of my tortoises plastron. I have a very fussy tortoise and am
Always worrying I don’t look after them properly (big debate in my house over it being a girl or a boy!).

There is some faint black marks at the top and bottom of my tortoise’s underside and some red around outside. Does this look normal? I have shown the shell View attachment 307606View attachment 307607as well in case anyone wants to see this. Thanks!
My guess is a girl.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Always worrying I don’t look after them properly (big debate in my house over it being a girl or a boy!).There is some faint black marks at the top and bottom of my tortoise’s underside and some red around outside. My question is do these black marks look normal (the fainter ones at the top and bottom)? I have shown the shell View attachment 307606View attachment 307607as well in case anyone wants to see this. Thanks!
The reddish and faint black marks look pretty normal to me. The tail looks like that of a female.