Plants for my tortoise table ... Leopard Babies

Gracieheart

Location (City and/or State)
essex
HI guys

After advise from you guys on here, I have put my baby leopards in a much larger enclosure, changed their diet, substrate..and bathe them every night. I am pleased to say they are all gaining weight nicely. [emoji16] (Although one fluctuates a little).

I am looking to add a few more bits to their enclosure to make it more fun and interesting. I was looking to put a couple of plants in there and wondered what was best. I live in the UK.
Can they eat spider plants and hostas? .....

Thanks

Bambam1989

East Texas
You could put them in pots and leave the pots protruding from the soil enough your torts can't climb into it. As the plant grows and overhangs they can nibble on those bits.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Plants don’t grow well directly in the substrate anyway. Sinking the pot into the substrate so there’s an inch of rim showing helps to stop them being stomped while still leaving them to be eaten.

Spider plants are great as you can grow one on your windowsill and have an endless supply of baby plants to pot up and grow on for the enclosure :)

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I bought a 4" container of pet grass from the produce section the other day. Mine loves to nibble on it. I also bought a small aloe plant to give him. I just have to wait for the new growth to appear first before giving it to him. I also have a small wandering jew to give him after I transplant it out of the soil it came in. Just a few of more ideas for you. Really livens up the terrarium. :)