Plant identification help

Jami

Hi all,

Does anyone know for sure what these are and if they're tortoise safe? I appreciate your help.

Thanks!image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hm...you have some interesting plants there. I like #2 and #4, but don't know what they are. #1 is violet and #3 may be day lily...but there are other lilies, asiatic, for instance. Day lily is edible, but asiatic is toxic. Violet is edible.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Jami

Hm...you have some interesting plants there. I like #2 and #4, but don't know what they are. #1 is violet and #3 may be day lily...but there are other lilies, asiatic, for instance. Day lily is edible, but asiatic is toxic. Violet is edible.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif
Ok. I was wondering about them but don't want to give it if I don't know for sure. Thanks!!!
Jami

Jami

I'm thinking I may plant some of the violets in the enclosure. We don't use pesticides or anything so I'm thinking they'd be ok for a while. Thanks again!

Jami

I think the one is definitely the garlic mustard too...saw that but wasn't sure... Meaning the pic you say is garlic mustard...not pic 1

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
I think the one is definitely the garlic mustard too...saw that but wasn't sure... Meaning the pic you say is garlic mustard...not pic 1

In order I would say : violets, creeping charlie ( this crap sticks to everything and is def a creeping vine like plant) then some sort of lily then grlic mustard in your second post.

Jami

In order I would say : violets, creeping charlie ( this crap sticks to everything and is def a creeping vine like plant) then some sort of lily then grlic mustard in your second post.
Thanks! I'm thinking we'll stick with these Ids. Thanks for helping!