Plant id

Status
Not open for further replies.

biscuit

5 Year Member
image.jpgView attachment 47167
Hi wondered if someone could check the Id of this plant, the photos are of the same plant just one is a close up of the leaves. I think it might be burdock but would appreciate it if someone could confirm this as I am very new to this.
Many thanks
Caroline

ImageUploadedByTortForum1372096377.031553.jpg sorry the other picture didn't go on the message so this is of the full plant with roots?

Last edited by a moderator:

biscuit

5 Year Member
The sap is probably very slightly milky more clear than milky? If that makes sense.

redbeef

5 Year Member
biscuit said:
The sap is probably very slightly milky more clear than milky? If that makes sense.

could be a poppy...I don't think they're edible. You'll know for sure if it flowers

biscuit

5 Year Member
Do you know I think you might be right! Trying to google poppy but can't find a good picture of the leaves just keep getting stuff about opium poppy lol.
Saying that though there is loads growing never had them before don't know where they have come from. I've just cleared out an old plant trough to make it a home for our tortoise, and they have just started growing covering all the soil. I like Poppy's so will just move them to another part of the garden.
Thank you for that, I was sure it was burdock! I would have known different when they flowered.
Thanks once again

Status
Not open for further replies.