Plant ID

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
I think the second plant may actually be a true chamomile, a relative of pineapple weed and the mayweeds with one exception. Perhaps it has escaped from a neighbors yard by seed. It will naturalize in the right conditions. Okay to feed in small amounts although I’d be surprised if yours ate it.

Only one of the mayweeds is not encouraged: Stinking Mayweed. It wouldn’t be hard to confirm, it will have a strong scent if you crush it. The others are scentless.

DesertGirl

5 Year Member
Fabulous Las Vegas, NV
I found an app that id’s plants, called ‘Picture This’. It’s free for 7 days and then I think $20 for a year. While it was free, we went around checking everything we could in our Timmi’s pen. Has anyone else tried using this?
Yes, I use that app. Found all but one plant I was trying to ID.

Maggie T

Los Angeles
I think the second plant may actually be a true chamomile, a relative of pineapple weed and the mayweeds with one exception. Perhaps it has escaped from a neighbors yard by seed. It will naturalize in the right conditions. Okay to feed in small amounts although I’d be surprised if yours ate it.

Only one of the mayweeds is not encouraged: Stinking Mayweed. It wouldn’t be hard to confirm, it will have a strong scent if you crush it. The others are scentless.

I had a chamomile plant but it died. Maybe someone reseeded it. I had my chamomile in my herb raised garden. The “weed” grew in the shady part of my yard. It did not stink when I crushed it. I think you’re right. I hope it’ll grow again. I had to pull it up to bring to Armstrong garden center, but they didn’t know what it was and hadn’t heard of mayweed.
Thanks Rosemary!