Plant I.D. please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdawn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest
Hello,
Could someone please identify this weed that is starting to pop up in a few places near my torty pen. It has a small 1/8" white, star shaped flower with a yellow center (can't see well in pic) and then these little pods that look like tiny green tomatoes. Plant overall is low to the ground and kind of sprawls. Thank you :)

weed i.d. 002 (Small).jpg
weed i.d. 003 (Small).jpg
weed i.d. 005 (Small).jpg

jdawn said:
Hello,
Could someone please identify this weed that is starting to pop up in a few places near my torty pen. It has a small 1/8" white, star shaped flower with a yellow center (can't see well in pic) and then these little pods that look like tiny green tomatoes. Plant overall is low to the ground and kind of sprawls. Thank you :)

Update: I am trying to look it up and possibly it might be horsenettle (solanum carolinense?) It is close to what I am seeing in photos online, if that is what it is, then its getting pulled up...

Last edited by a moderator:

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
It looks like a cherry tomato to me. Could a tomato have gotten smashed in your yard. They tend to grow like weed sometimes.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
If it isnt a tomatoe.. it appears to be in the same family.. and the leaves would be toxic.. dont chance it.

jdawn

5 Year Member
Southwest
Thanks guys, another name for this horsenettle I discovered is 'Devils Tomato' and yep, its toxic... it was out of the ground & in the trash lickity split!

Status
Not open for further replies.